Thermostat Event Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Event Triggers

I have the 2GIG CT-30 thermostat and want to run a script when certain the following things happen:

o Mode changes in any way
    o Temperature changes to any value
    o Set point changes (heat and cool) to any value

It appears I can set a trigger on the mode change. However, the temperature and set point change triggers seem to require a specific value. Granted I could create an event for every value that I'm likely to see but that seem a bit impractical.

Am I missing something

For set point changes, I created two events for heat and cool with triggers:
    - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/heat setpoint less than 90
    - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/cool setpoint less than 90
    These trigger for any setpoint change without having to set a required value.

I haven't done this for temperature, but I would guess that something similar may work:
    - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/temperature less than 90
    there's also 'increases' and decreases' instead of 'less than' that may do the job too.

Hope that helps.
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
      For set point changes, I created two events for heat and cool with triggers:
      - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/heat setpoint less than 90
      - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/cool setpoint less than 90
      These trigger for any setpoint change without having to set a required value.

I haven't done this for temperature, but I would guess that something similar may work:
      - zwave thermostat trigger/thermostat-(my thermostat name)/temperature less than 90
      there's also 'increases' and decreases' instead of 'less than' that may do the job too.

Hope that helps.
      Thanks, that seems to be working. As for temperature, I just realized there is a separate device created for temperature so I can just check a value change.

Comment

Working...
      X