This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostats plugin won't go away

Some time ago, I disabled the Z-Wave Thermostat plugin. The reason is beside the point but was due to underlying problems with data getting from the stat to HS. I'd never actually installed the Z-Wave thermostat and it existed only as a node in Homeseer for testing.

Anyway, since disabling the plugin, I've noticed it's still active and "converting" one Thermostat each time Homeseer restarts. I now have six identical thermostats on the Z-Wave Thermostat Status page, and no way I can find to delete them. Before disabling the plugin, there was only one thermostat represented.
    The thermostat temperature is still being updated!

On the next restart, I do intend to delete the plugin, but that won't occur for several more days or, optimistically, weeks.

Point is, a disabled plugin shouldn't be initializing at all, much less running, should it!
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

If a Z-Wave tstat is found by HomeSeer it will automatically enable the plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well, having said I planned to delete the plugin, I now find there is no such hspi_xxx file to delete!
      So, can't disable the plugin; can't delete it. Now what?

Any ideas here?

Comment

Curious (for a reason). What dll file name does the setup/interfaces page identify?
        Paul

Comment

The Interfaces page suggests HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.DLL, but it's nowhere to be found.
          Rupp, the interfaces page still says "Disabled". Evidently the function at some point was integrated into HS itself but the plugin remains listed on the interfaces page as a separate entity, and is "Found" on startup.
          And I still have the issue of a new thermostat being created on each restart. At this rate, I'll soon have enough thermostats for everyone on my street, and beyond.

Comment

You might try using windows search to search your file system for that name, but my suspicion is that zwave in general is now built into HS.. So despite the buttons on the interfaces tab and a dll name, there is not separate plugin per se. I'd love to be proven wrong about this as its the reason I don't upgrade anymore beyond 2.5.0.23
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              The Interfaces page suggests HSPI_ZWAVETHERM.DLL, but it's nowhere to be found.
              Rupp, the interfaces page still says "Disabled". Evidently the function at some point was integrated into HS itself but the plugin remains listed on the interfaces page as a separate entity, and is "Found" on startup.
              And I still have the issue of a new thermostat being created on each restart. At this rate, I'll soon have enough thermostats for everyone on my street, and beyond.
              Yes, it is now built into HomeSeer and if a stat is found it will create the plugin and enable it. You must still have a stat in your controller?

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                You might try using windows search to search your file system for that name, but my suspicion is that zwave in general is now built into HS.. So despite the buttons on the interfaces tab and a dll name, there is not separate plugin per se. I'd love to be proven wrong about this as its the reason I don't upgrade anymore beyond 2.5.0.23
                Already did the search. You're not wrong.

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Yes, it is now built into HomeSeer and if a stat is found it will create the plugin and enable it. You must still have a stat in your controller?
                It's built in. I suspected as much. Fine and dandy.
                The node is acting as a repeater and needs to stay.

The problem which remains is, and has been, the creation of a new thermostat on each startup.

And, why is it still listed on the plugins page as something which can be disabled, when it can't be?
                And why does HS still report finding the plugin file, when it obviously couldn't possibly?

Edit:
                10/12/2012 5:55:36 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: ZWave Thermostats, version: 2.5.0.53

10/12/2012 5:55:52 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: ZWave Thermostats
                10/12/2012 5:55:52 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in ZWave Thermostats

10/12/2012 5:58:10 PM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Z-Wave Thermostat
                10/12/2012 5:58:11 PM ZWave Thermostats 1 Thermostats converted Successfully.

Comment

It creates the plugin when HomeSeer starts.

Comment

Are you evading the question on purpose?

Why the creation of additional thermostats and how does one go about getting rid of them?
                    Attached Files

Comment

No, I'm answering the part of the question I know. I have no idea why you are getting duplicate stats. I would delete the stat and re-add it to see if that corrects the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                        Are you evading the question on purpose?

Why the creation of additional thermostats and how does one go about getting rid of them?
                        I had the same thing a few weeks back and it just fixed itself. I've abandoned z-wave stat and switching to Wifi. Got the stat in, but weather just got warmer in Chi-town, so haven't had chance to properly verify its working.

As soon as I've tested OK I'm going to start testing BreakerStat.

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                        USB UIRT
                        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                        2GIG Thermostat
                        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                        BLUPS
                        UltraLog (SQL2008)
                        Jon00 Plugins
                        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                        Global Cache IP2IR
                        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...