This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Theromstats for u/f heating

I have elctrical u/f heating in my house, currently controlled via individual thermostats. Are there Z-Wave (Euro) devices out there that will control the electrical load to my heating elements (220V 50Hz) and speak back to HS for central control of setpoints and temperature reporting?

Most of what I see is for controlling a boiler - but I'm guessing it's much the same right?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Hi , I have some elec htrs in my conservatory. I use an everspring euro temp and hum sensor st 814 that is connected device in homeseer.

My heaters are controlled via x10 modules. The high rated wired versions.

Then, using mcstemperature plugin I am able to set up a virtual thermostat and control my heaters from within home-seer. Setting temp set point va this virtual device in home-seer. The virtual thermostat then turns on a virtual heating demand device . Simple events are then created for timeschedule ons and offs. So that the heaters only come on when there is a demand from the virtual device and also the timeschedule virtual device.

To complicate things... Maybe... I have a second virtual stat that controls the heating to a lower set back temp during off periods.

The beauty of mcs temperature plugin is that it creates some nice virtual thermostats that can have the temps adjusted. Then as they compare the zwave sensor they switch on and off in 10 min intervals. Also, with mcstemperature you can graph it all.

I posted some examples in the mcstemperature plugin section of this forum

Comment

Thanks Ben. I'm looking for a slightly less complex solution where I can replace the in-wall thermostat with a smarter device (usingthe same in-wall receptacle) that will talk Z-Wave so I can control the set points and load via HS. It just seems most of the Z-Wave thermostats devices are designed for boiler control rather than switchinga single u/f electrical load.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
        Thanks Ben. I'm looking for a slightly less complex solution where I can replace the in-wall thermostat with a smarter device (usingthe same in-wall receptacle) that will talk Z-Wave so I can control the set points and load via HS. It just seems most of the Z-Wave thermostats devices are designed for boiler control rather than switchinga single u/f electrical load.
        The Horstman HRT4-zw for Zwave thermostat with the Horstman ASR-ZW will do what you are looking for.

The HRT4-zw will be the thermostat (battery powered) that Homeseer can set the set point on. The ASR-ZW has a relay that can power another device on and off - just check the wiring and power requirements meet what you want to do.

The ASR-ZW can be controlled directly from Homeseer or do as I do and let the HRT-ZW switch it directly.

Comment

Z-Wave Theromstats for u/f heating

Greyt, I had a look at the horstman kit, but it will only switch 3A and my U/F heating draws about 10A (it's the under-tile wired mats). Any other suggestions mate - I was so close with your recommendation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
          X