This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thymer,
    DooMotion has been pointed at several times as the culprit so it may be worth disabling just to see. Do you have the latest version of DM?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What changes need to be made to update to 2.0? Basically, any script that ran that day stayed open as a current thread. NONE of my scripts have the option to 'never time out'.
      Something is triggering this condition -- the system has been going for about 12 hours now, but there are no "extra" threads at all, just system threads... and all the very same scripts as before have been running over-and-over with no problems.
      The only thing off the top of my head that stands out is that I have not attempted any form of voice control (not over the phone, mic, and no answering machine calls), whereas when the problem started, I had attempted to talk to the system to demo it to friends. Might be something to watch for?!
      UPDATE: System had been running great for about 20 hours, all threads were System threads only. I decided to trigger the attention phrase, and immediately said "goodbye" (I didn't trigger any events at all). (!! It may be noteworth to mention that the system wouldn't respond via mic even though the speaker.exe said "Connected". In the past, I've been able to go to the local handset (it usually takes about 10 seconds to answer when it's "acting up"), and then the mic starts working again. This was exactly what happened this time, too.)
      Then I immediately tripped the front door motion sensor, sent an email -- in general, I triggered several scripts. All of them got stuck in the "current threads" list and wouldn't go away. I tried to "A"bort one of them, and again got the "HomeSeer.exe - Common Language RunTime Debugging Scrvices. Application has generated an exception that could not be handled." error, and HS went "POOOOF" and vanished.
      Last edited by CJVann; August 15, 2005, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Has HomeSeer tech acknowledged this issue yet? I opened a Helpdesk ticket when I was running a VB.Net version of my script, but now that I converted back to vbscript I am seeing the exact same issue you are.

I am experiencing this error with a *very simple* script that runs on an *any* status change. It seems HomeSeer works fine for several hours, then I'll see almost a hundred threads for each script I run.... eventually crashing HomeSeer.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am now able to duplicate this error

I figured out how to duplicate this error.

I restarted HomeSeer2, then envoked HomeSeer phone by lifting up the handset and hitting the # sign. Shortly after HomeSeer speaks via the phone, the threads for my scripts never end resulting in hundreds of running threads in the "WaitSleepJoin" state.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,
            I hope you sent this find to the HST guys.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's exactly the problem I saw - anytime I used the local handset, all events that ran thereafter became permanent threads until HS crashed. It's very repeatable.

B U T -- I've not seen this happen with build 1955 -- are you still having problems even in 1955?

Comment

Yes... happens every time.

Comment

I am having this problem and I am running HS 1.7.4. I had upgraded to HS2.0 and had so many problems that I went back to 1.7.

However, the HS2.0 istall seems to have messed up my 1.7 with all kinds of qwerky problems that are hard to fix.

TNichols

Comment

I have the same problem - hs3pro s6. by morning out of memory. have the max memory available when i bought the s6 unit
                    gmather89@gmail.com

Comment

Homeseer 3 is a rewrite of the Homeseer base automation engine.

The methodologies of memory consumption are totally different in HS3 than HS2.

The S6 does fine running Homeseer 3.

Personally here have been playing with Windows 7 embedded for HSTouch and it does fine with HSTouch.

Hardware specifications for the S6 are:

Operating System: Windows 7 Embedded
                      Processor: 1.8 GHz dual core Intel Celeron CPU
                      Memory: 2 GB RAM
                      Storage: 32 GB SSD
                      Last edited by Pete; January 30, 2016, 01:44 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X