This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPhone help please

Hi, can anyone tell me a SIMPLE way to get HS2 to read messages left. If it cant be done over house speakers are there keypress commands for the messages to be read over the house phones?

At the moment ONLY I can get the messages off of the computer, my mrs dont touch PC`s.

TrOjAn

Trojan,

The easiest way would be to pickup the phone, hit the # attention key (if you don't have HSP automatically answer), then speak "Messages". This will playback any messages waiting.

I also have a script that is triggered anytime a voice messages is waiting and the security system is disarmed. When disarmed, the house speakers will automatically start playback of voice messages.

Hope this helps.

Jay Fro

Comment

Originally posted by jayfro
      Trojan,

The easiest way would be to pickup the phone, hit the # attention key (if you don't have HSP automatically answer), then speak "Messages". This will playback any messages waiting.

I also have a script that is triggered anytime a voice messages is waiting and the security system is disarmed. When disarmed, the house speakers will automatically start playback of voice messages.

Hope this helps.

Jay Fro
      Hi Jay..

point 1) that only works for me, for some reason it dont like my wifes voice

Point 2) does your script work with HS2? if so would you care to share it? this is the reason I am not using hs2 all the time.

TrOjAn

Comment

TrOjan

I have been having the same problems with not getting messages announced over the speaker app - but I did find if I open the speaker app and hit the "play" button in the media control panel it would then play the message that was cued up. Of course this is unacceptable as a way to have the whole-house TTS system play messages when requested.

The use of the phone # approach with voice command seems to work, but like you this is not considered "acceptable" by others.

Lastly, other than the playing messages problem have you been finding HSP2 to be stable in general? I continue to have problems with the TTS annoncements to callers not always occuring - sometimes yes, sometimes just static and a beep, sometimes just a beep with no message. I have tried both the standard MS voices and the 8K NeoVoices with same results.

Also it seems a get frequent "message length too short to record" errors even thought the setting is at 4 seconds and the incoming message is over 15 seconds. Losing messages is not very good for WAF!

So for the time being I have reverted to old answering machine until this becomes stable. I had been waiting for HS2 to stabilize (seem almost there) before aggressively attacking HSP but since I see a few messages on the subject starting to surface I thought I'd jump in.

I also noticed that Rick has been responding to some of these messages lately so I thought I'd add my 2 cents for him as well.

----------------
        Environment:
        XP Pro SP2
        HS2
        HSP2
        ACRF, Ocelot and DooMotion plugins
        HS PCI-Modem
        AMD XP2500+ w/1g of memory
        No other apps running other than HS and Speaker

Comment

Rube, at this time I am using 1.7... I really like the new hs2 but My mrs NEEDS to be able to get the messages off.

She dnt do PC`s and the phone voice commands are just a no go for her.

I use DDW scripts at this time on 1.7, she comes in and hits a stikaswitch, C10 on, it reads the new messages and all is good.

In hs2 she hits the switch and it says new messages but doesnt read them... Doug said he will sort his script when he goes over to hs2.

TrOjAn

Comment

Give this a shot. You will want to comment out the entire if--then sequence for email notice reading. You should be able to trigger this script anyway you want, and it will play all new and old voice mail messages.

Jay Fro
            Attached Files

Comment

Jay, thanks for the script.. not installed yet but looking through the code I notice the dir for messages is in fact \messages\ now, in hs1 that was the location but in my hs2 it seems to be saving the messages in \wav_files\

**** Update ***** it seems like HS2 saves to messages AND wav_files. I just got a call and thats where it went.. also, running your script produces the following error

Running script, script run or compile error in file: readmail.txt13:Type mismatch: '[string: "Name not found"]' in line 38 More info: Type mismatch: '[string: "Name not found"]'

Can you confirm 1) does this work in HS2 for you and 2) the location of your phone messages

Thanks, TrOjAn
              Last edited by TrOjAn; October 21, 2005, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I am running this on 1997 of HS2. I just tested to see where the messages go. The wav_file directory is full of files, which are all old voice mail messages I have deleted. Odd indeed.

However, the new voice mail I left is in the messages folder (hence the reason the script works for me I guess). The wav is there along with an .mp3 of the same recording. I deleted the message I left, and it didn't end up in the wave_file folder, so maybe that folder was a bug from the previous build or something????

As for the error, my bad. Forgot about that line which is tied to the email checker. change line 38 to:

if vm_unread = 0 and vm_total=0 then

and it should work (assuming there aren't other similar issues I forgot about!)

Jay Fro

Comment

Don't forget to also comment out lines 62 - 85 as those are tied to the email checker also.

Jay Fro

Comment

What about using a DTMF tones instead of speech to trigger an event to play the messages back to her?

As for static playing when you try to use the local handset, HS said HSP doesn't yet work well with computers that use Hyperthread technology. It causes a sync problem, and instead of speech, you get static. They are looking into why this occurs.

Comment

JayFro............. it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going over to HS2 now THANKYOU yer a star

TrOjAn
                      Last edited by TrOjAn; October 22, 2005, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Jay,

Script works fine but it continues to read details about the next message while the first message is playing in the back ground...is there anything that can be done?

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

Ill have to check that out. I am sure I have had more than one message in there before, but I have not noticed. Will let you know what I find. May need to put a wait or something in there... who knows!

Jay Fro

Comment

Sure enough. I will try to dig into it but obviously is something that changed in 2.0. Doesn't seem to see the ,TRUE parameter on HS.speak which should make it wait till it is done playing before going to the next line. I know I saw something about this on the forums before, so will dig through later tonight (dinner waiting).

Jay Fro

Comment

I really appreciate this Jay... HS2 1997 seems to running pretty damn good at the moment.

I even have NINJA control via HS2 so its just getting better.. going to have a big push this weekend on it and get it where I want it..

At last somethings going right

Comment

Working...
                              X