Advanced? Use of speaker app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp
    But Rick that mixer is $754. We need a more affordable solution than this with another $700 - $800 in mics.
    Well the AP800 is closer to a grand. Nobody is buying at those prices -- check eBay for deals. The SCM410, SCM810, AP400, AP800, and even the newer XAP series can be had for $200-$300 or so -- less if you're patient.

Let's be upfront, here, though. Whole-house open-air VR and multizoned audio is not going to be cheap. And the last thing you'll want to skimp on is the mixer.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick View Post
      [default-settings]
      gTTSDevice=SigmaTel Audio

[usb-settings]
      gTTSDevice=C-Media USB Sound Device

Whenever I try to do this via the configuraiton panel in Speaker.exe it doesn't seem to work... not sure why...
      I think the reason the edits don't stick is due to Windows attempted to prevent changes in the Program Files (x86) directories.

I moved my speaker files into C:\speaker and then all the edits made in the speaker client started getting saved into the speaker.ini file with it.

To help clarify to the next poor soul pulling their hair out trying to figure out why their VM session of HS3 can't talk to the speaker.exe client running on 'real hardware'....

The client setting in the Network tab of HS3 has to be written as HOSTNAME:section. In those two above examples, default and usb, you'd have to use HOSTNAME: DEFAULT and HOSTNAME:USB and that would tie it together.

In my case I've got HS speaker running on a machine named 'OFFICE'. So my HS3 Tools->Setup->Network->Default clients entry includes OFFICE:DEFAULT

The sticking point for me was HS3 wasn't seeing the speaker client during setup, so it wasn't populating the editor for connected clients.

So if you want your HS3 server to speak to multiple speaker clients, including ones that might have more than one audio output, you can use:

speaker-host-a:default
      speaker-host-a:usb
      speaker-host-aotato

And the speaker.ini file on the speaker-host-a machine would need to have a [NAME-settings] section to match them. (This does not show the other needed lines in a [-settings] block).

[default-settings]
      gTTSDevice=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

[usb-settings]
      gTTSDevice=Speakers (Sound Blaster Play! 3)

[potato-settings]
      gTTSDevice=Headphones (other random device name)

The whole string needs to be on that gTTSDevice line. At least it had to be for the instance I have running on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
      ​​​​​​​
      Hopefully this will help someone else trying to get this working....

Comment

Working...
      X