X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea but I try not to miss the opportunity to have a dig at YOU

Comment

InterAKtive scripts

Now guys, I am just learning and really enjoying writing some scripts. But still need a lot of help. So I am looking for any scripts that people might have for me to look at. <O
      Thanks guys for any help, hoping for some great stuff.<O
      Dan<O
      danielbo

Comment

Dan,
        What I would suggest is that you write down the dialog you want to have. Then create events with voice triggers that correspond to your part of the conversation. Then each event will have a voice output for the computers part of the conversation. This method simplifies the scripting and allows some flexability. It also prevents errors due to the script running too long.

Another suggestion is to create events which run scripts that respond and then create new events based on conditional responses by you. You can then auto delete the events once they run clearing the way for other events with similar voice triggers. This method also allows some dynamic flexability by building a kind of modular program.

I want to do the same thing as you in regard to faking an intelegent conversation. My humble beginning is an event where I say "good morning" and then address the voice I want to respond, so "good morning Kate"will set the voice to Kate and respond, "Good Morning Graham" will set the voice to Graham and respond. Each of these events could easily run a script that creates follow on events to continue the conversation. By having the events delete themselves after running I could use very similar or even repetitive responses without triggering the wrong event.

The AK creation script demonstraits how to create events, so it should be pretty easy to build on that.

I uploaded the script.
        The voice trigger is- good morning [(Kate|Graham)]

Gardner
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gcyeaw; February 27, 2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Has anyone considered porting this script to .net? Seems like it would be a prime candidate... hint hint.....

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum
            Has anyone considered porting this script to .net? Seems like it would be a prime candidate... hint hint.....
            Yes that would be nice Wonder what Jon00`s doing this weekend, he certainly has the skill if not the time.

TrOjAn

Comment

I already asked... lol

He does not VR.

Comment

Guys,
                If you can hold on a bit longer I believe this will be added to HomeSeer.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can hold on. The current version works OK.
                  Timeframe?

Comment

I'm not sure of the time frame. I'll ask Tink when I talk to him next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                      Guys,
                      If you can hold on a bit longer I believe this will be added to HomeSeer.
                      I recall that being said about a year ago

TrOjAn

Comment

It was.....

Comment

How about your system?

Originally posted by dcjohnston
                          HS 1.7 users.... get with the times. LOL.

Dave
                          Why move to a system that has so many problems when HS 1.7 just keeps on running, and running, and running.

Why fix something that works great and isn't broke.

I haven't had a problem with my system for over 8 months which is great since I haven't been home since that time but I still check in and see how things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyham
                            Why move to a system that has so many problems when HS 1.7 just keeps on running, and running, and running.

Why fix something that works great and isn't broke.

I haven't had a problem with my system for over 8 months which is great since I haven't been home since that time but I still check in and see how things are going.
                            Don,
                            We are not encouraging you to move.

Comment

Then just ignore my post to someone else's comment.

Originally posted by Rupp
                              Don,
                              We are not encouraging you to move.

The reply was in response to the comment from DCJOHNSTON

No wonder you have so many posts on this system. My response wasn't a reply to any of your posts. Why do you answer or have a comment to just about every message ever posted?

Comment

Now that was polite...

Originally posted by Kyham
                                The reply was in response to the comment from DCJOHNSTON

No wonder you have so many posts on this system. My response wasn't a reply to any of your posts. Why do you answer or have a comment to just about every message ever posted?
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X