This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom. You get a HUGE gold star!!!!!!

This is the one MAIN thing I truly missed.

Makes dealing with all the other HS2 crap all worth while

Comment

Question...

If I use these scripts... should I turn off VR for each device that I currently have a voice command associated?
      Thanks,
      Jay
      Attached Files

Comment

I BELIEVE so. Try both ways. Not able to check my hs box.

Comment

Thanks, I downloaded the scripts and found in the readme where it says to uncheck those.

I've installed the scripts, and currently, no matter what I say, I get "I don't understand"...

Still playing with it...
          Jay

Comment

you might want to check to see if the new events created are enabled.

Comment

Thanks,
              All events show that they are not disabled and they are all configured to use "mic and phone".
              Do I have to use the "location" of the device? or is that optional?
              Thanks,
              Jay

Comment

yes, you need to use location. Like "turn on the kitchen lights" or "dim the kitchen lights 50% in 1 hour". Many different variations are allowed.

Comment

Thank you!
                  I was neglecting to say the "location"...
                  Now I need to go through and clean up location and names since some device names have the location in their name.
                  Also, does anyone know how to delete "locations" from the drop down list?
                  Thanks again...
                  Jay

Comment

When you change a devices location from say office to computer room, after a HS restart , the unused location of office goes away. Unless of course you still have a device still in that location.

Comment

Say Tom

Any chance of cleaning up this speaking issue?:

In 5 minutes turn on the driveway floodlight...
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 7:26:27 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: ak_eventscript_onoff.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 7:26:27 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speak (skibum3efault):Shall I turn on the Driveway Floodlight in 5 Minutes?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 7:26:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak (skibum3efault):</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 7:26:35 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Event Script </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device O1 will be turned on at 7:31:35 PM, 11/26/2005</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 7:26:35 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():The Driveway Floodlight in 5 Minutes are now on.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

I have the scripts installed and all location names cleaned up.
                        I also replaced all the "hs.speak" with "system.speak" so it only responds via voice back to the initiating Speaker client.

Its seems that the DIM command is all or nothing...
                        If I say Dim living room lamps to 50%
                        it confirms living room lamps to 50%
                        and then dims them down to 0%

Anyone else have success with Dimming?

Thanks,
                        Jay

Comment

I am seeing the same thing here. Tom could you look into that as well when you get a chance?

Comment

i'll give it a try Skibum, What do you think we need, just a more natural sounding reply for future events? Or am I misunderstanding the issue? is anyone else seeing the dim issue?

Comment

Hey Tom

Nothing like fast answers!

This:
                              The Driveway Floodlight in 5 Minutes are now on.

should be something like:

I'll turn on the driveway floodlight in 5 minutes.

Comment

I'm not sure if this will help, Tom. Here is the output when I ask to dim the light to 80%:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Event Dim/Bright"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: ak_eventscript_dimreset.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Event Script </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device will be dimmed to -1 at 8:33:18 PM, 11/26/2005</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():I have dimmed the Computer Room Overhead Light.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "EventScript, Dim to -1 11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM (delayed event)"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "EventScript, Dim to -1 11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Computer Room Overhead Light (L3) Bright by 100%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Computer Room Overhead Light (L3) Dim by 101%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Deleting event after run: "Temp EventScript, Dim to -1 11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/26/2005 8:33:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions EventScript, Dim to -1 11/26/2005 8:33:17 PM (delayed event)"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                                X