Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to switch voices?

by a script say by a voice command?

I would like to be able to use both paul and heather depending on your attention phrase

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but you can make an individual voice speak in this way:
    PHP Code:
    hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>My name is Paul.  </voice>" 
    hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Kate 16k'>My name is Kate.  </voice>" 

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann
      Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but you can make an individual voice speak in this way:
      PHP Code:
      hs.Speak "My name is Paul. " 
      hs.Speak "My name is Kate. " 
      Hmm thats a start, I could make the chk_vcmd script speak with their voice then depending on the attention phrase

I have another question then,

using this way would it be possible to say set a variable on and external txt file depending on the attention phrase used, then apply a script to all voice commands with feedback to check the variable and speak using the command you just wrote?

Would I use your command like this

sub main()

dim s

s=hs.LastVoiceCommand

if s="Penelope" then
      hs.setspeaker "Jim"
      hs.Speak " voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Kate 16k'>Yes Jim /voice"
      end if

if s="Ludewig" then
      hs.setspeaker "Cindy"
      hs.speak hs.Speak "voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Paul 16k'>How many I help you cindy?. /voice"
      end if

if s="*" then
      hs.speak "I don't understand"
      end if

end sub

With the brackets of course

Comment

Ok n/m

I got it and just to let everyone know the hs.setspeaker option works perfectly, using that along with the hs.setvoice Im now using Pauls voice for the Wife and it loads her speech profile, and I use Heather for her husbands voice and it loads his speech profile. they simply address the computer by different names

With that the voice stays set until the other addresses the computer.

Pretty kewl stuff for the oooh and awww factor!
        Last edited by amblix auto; February 17, 2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I was unaware there was now a hs.setvoice command - I've wanted this for years!! Kinda wanted my servants to work in shifts to add some variety. Thanks for sharing that!!

Comment

Originally posted by amblix auto
            Ok n/m

I got it and just to let everyone know the hs.setspeaker option works perfectly, using that along with the hs.setvoice Im now using Pauls voice for the Wife and it loads her speech profile, and I use Heather for her husbands voice and it loads his speech profile. they simply address the computer by different names

With that the voice stays set until the other addresses the computer.

Pretty kewl stuff for the oooh and awww factor!
            So how exactly did you do this using one acknowledgment phrase?
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
              So how exactly did you do this using one acknowledgment phrase?
              I dont use one, I use multiple by putting this in the attention phrase box

(penelope|ludewig) or you can do it like this [penelope] [ludewig]

and save the script as check_vcmd.txt and put it in the scripts folder

the check_vcmd.txt runs automatically before any speech is done

Comment

DAG GUMMIT lol

I spoke to soon, it appears the speaker client does not use check_vcmd.txt

ARGH why is it in the 2.0 help!!!

Comment

Working...
                X