This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker and Windows 2008 Server

I know its not supported but its my main OS and I would love to have the speaker client work on my 2008 Server... Has any managed to get this to work? It starts the Speaker client but fails with some errors (I believe because of the speech recognition) and then it cant load a grammar file ...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Does your TTS and VR work from the speech control panel applet? If so this should work. The grammer file is more than likely a file permissions problem.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ah, permissions - forgot about the lockdown - Side note, its 64Bit.

In 2008 - theres just a Text to Speech icon in control panel, but that does work ...

EDIT :

I changed permissions on the whole Homeseer dir - When I start the Speaker client I get a popup :

"Error Initializing Voice Recognition, probably not installed, check your speech control panel : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"

Click OK and then in the Homeseer Log section I get :

6/21/2008 10:16:22 AM:Error loading grammar file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer 2\Grammar\Grammar_Server#Default_Final.xml : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks

Comment

surovich,

Did you manage to get Speaker working on 2008 server?

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
          surovich,

Did you manage to get Speaker working on 2008 server?

Jon
          Are you receiving an error?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Are you receiving an error?
            Yes, but found a solution here...

http://www.win2008workstation.com/wo...ion-converter/

All is good now, thank you

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
              Yes, but found a solution here...

http://www.win2008workstation.com/wo...ion-converter/

All is good now, thank you

Jon
              Would you mind sharing what feature you enabled to overcome this error? I'm getting it on my WHS 2011 system (Server 2008 R2) and it supresses all audio until I RDP into the machine and close the error window.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
              X