This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSSentry Config?

Is there ANY way at all of changing the timeout value on HSSentry?

Its a bit too strict atm.

TrOjAn

Since you took the plunge, can you verify that HSSentry can at least be disabled? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
    Jesse
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Jesse, I have not been able to do that, it rebot my pc 4 times overnight, I have killed the task via taskmanager and the pc has been up for about 6 hours..

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab View Post
        Since you took the plunge, can you verify that HSSentry can at least be disabled? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
        Jesse
        No way to disable that I can find, other than a manual kill in task manager.

If you rename or delete hs2sentry.exe HS will detect it is missing on next HS reboot and re-install the file.

Comment

The backup I run at night causes a high CPU utilization during the backup, and if it watches the CPU, it would probably reboot it every night then. Plus, I have a few other things that spike the CPU on occasion as well. I guess if I take the unnecessary plunge to the PRO version, I'll have to come up with a way to kill it as you mentioned, with a script or something.

Comment

This is how it works. HSSentry attempts to communicate with HomeSeer ever 20 seconds. If it gets 7 failures it will reboot the server. These settings are adjustable:

INI setting under Settings: SentryCheckInterval, default value is 20 (seconds)
            INI setting also under Settings: SentryErrorCount, default value is 7

You can also look at HS_Sentry.log for information on when the system was rebooted.

If you are seeing issues it indicates to me that something is taxing your CPU so hard that it's blocking HS web server access for a good bit of time. (140 seconds by default).
            Last edited by Rupp; September 15, 2009, 09:41 AM.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for that answer Mr Rupp, thats fine thankyou.

As Ive only been a PRO user for a night it will take some time to sort out what I need, but HSSentry has rebboted a few times, IMO it was not needed, I will make a few adjustments now I knwo how to do it.

TrOjAn

Comment

I was thinking about the possibility about a slow web page load, say, taking a couple of seconds during high CPU times and HSSentry timing out waiting for the page to load. If HttpWebRequest was used to fetch the web page, the default timeout is suppose to be 100 seconds, unless it was overridden in the code...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  These settings are adjustable:

INI setting under Settings: SentryCheckInterval, default value is 20 (seconds)
                  INI setting also under Settings: SentryErrorCount, default value is 7
                  Rupp, can I just confirm. The above entries do not exist in my default "settings.ini" file. Are they meant to be to be used only as overrides?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I added those to my settings.ini

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by cd-card-biz View Post
                      Rupp, can I just confirm. The above entries do not exist in my default "settings.ini" file. Are they meant to be to be used only as overrides?

Thanks for the info.
                      Did you copy over your settings.ini file from your backup after installing HSPro? If so this is probably why they are not there. I need to add this to the upgrade process list.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just out of curiousity, can you set them to 0 to disable?
                        A computer's attention span is as long
                        as it's powercord.

Comment

Warning, IP-Binding is not working together with Hs-Sentry if not HS is on the "master ip"

I had IIS & and Homeseer running on same server( both port on 80) with an extra slave ip.

I think hs-sentry only try to talk to localhost. I had a restart every 2,5 minute. (20sec heartbeat x 7times failure)

If homeseer have the master ip with ip-binding and iis the second it would maybe work.

Homeseer must be accessible from http://localhost:Port or http://127.0.0.1ort for hs Sentry to operate.
                          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                          --
                          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                            Warning, IP-Binding is not working together with Hs-Sentry if not HS is on the "master ip"

I had IIS & and Homeseer running on same server( both port on 80) with an extra slave ip.

I think hs-sentry only try to talk to localhost. I had a restart every 2,5 minute. (20sec heartbeat x 7times failure)

If homeseer have the master ip with ip-binding and iis the second it would maybe work.

Homeseer must be accessible from http://localhost:Port or http://127.0.0.1ort for hs Sentry to operate.
                            This is exactly what I discovered today. With IP binding, localhost appears to be disabled on the HS box. The web interface then accesses HS through the bound IP (ie http://192.168.xxx.xxx). This does not seem to matter when using Homeseer standard. But with HS Pro which loads hs2sentry.exe, the sentry apparently looks to localhost for the web server. If sentry can't find the web server - it reboots the PC....again and again.

On the web server setup page where it says "strongly recommend no binding" - they mean it!

This has been a two day learning experience for me.

Comment

After adding the config lines to the settings.ini file HSSentry has not restarted the pc (its not needed to) so all is good here...

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                              X