How to edit floor and/or room names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit floor and/or room names?

I made a mistake while naming rooms and/or floors. Where can I edit these?
    Mark

I think you have to edit all the devices and set them to a new floor/room. When a floor/room is not used, it is removed (isn't it?).
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I assume by 'Room' and 'Floor' you are referring to 'Location' and 'Location 2'. (At least that's how my system displays them.)

You should be able to select the location name you want to change in one of the drop down boxes at the top of the Devices page. That will list all the devices with that location. Put a check mark next to the ones that are incorrect, and then select 'Change selected device(s) location' in the drop down at the bottom of the page. Either select the correct location or enter a new location and click on 'Go'.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        I think you have to edit all the devices and set them to a new floor/room. When a floor/room is not used, it is removed (isn't it?).
        If it does in fact automatically delete unused named locations, then that's the ticket. I just don't want to have multiple unused items in the list to cause confusion. (eg. LVRoom, LivingRoom, Living Room).

Guess I'll have to try it and see. Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

Unused names are deleted in my experience.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Mosjus and Mike,
            Thanks, I tried moving the devices into the new room and sure enough--the old empty room name dissapeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Doesn't seem to be so in HS4. At least I have a room labeled Unknown that doesn't have anything in it, and yet I can't get rid of it.

Comment

Given this section of the forum is for HS2 and the posts that are here are over 10 years old, they really have no relevance to HS4...
                HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Granted. But figured it would bounce a ping to the masterseer that I quoted. So what really happened is from hs2 to hs4, they made it WORSE???

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret View Post
                    Granted. But figured it would bounce a ping to the masterseer that I quoted. So what really happened is from hs2 to hs4, they made it WORSE???
                    The masterseer that you are referring to is not a HST employee. If you want to report it to HST, then post it in the HS4 forums, which is being monitored by HST people. There’s probably a thread on this issue already.
                    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                    X