Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Santa be delivering Hometroller Mini - Not quite yet.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Santa be delivering Hometroller Mini - Not quite yet.

I put a Hometroller Mini on my Christmas list for Santa! Any chance he will deliver one?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

I was hoping for one, but gave up There's been *no* info on it for several months now...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'll as Rich for an update.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tell him I would consider pre-ordering one...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Tell him I would consider pre-ordering one...
          Will do.

Comment

No firm date, it will be a few months. It is Linux based and we will post a beta of the software to the board when it's ready.

Comment

Rich,

Unrelated/related; will there also be an official HSTouch/Linux package released?

Kind of a "do all" installation package for say Arch Linux or Ubuntu?
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, HS3 will run on Windows and Linux. I have tested it on Ubuntu, SUSE, and Arch. No reason it won't work on others.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Rich,

Unrelated/related; will there also be an official HSTouch/Linux package released?

Kind of a "do all" installation package for say Arch Linux or Ubuntu?

Comment

What about the HSTouch client for Linux?

I am starting to see some base touch standards for most common touch screen methodologies from the point of sale side. In the 90's one of the first point of sales systems was called Squirrel and it ran off a very basic one floppy disk unix terminal boot box with a touch screen. The "big brother" to this technology in the 2000's with development of a 6,000 client based middle tier product originally developed in the EU. Today Las Vegas has a network of all encompassing one network (city) kiosks spread out all over the city; restaurants, hotels, airports, care rental agencies, etc. (OK drifting a bit here)

It would be interesting too to have a choice for an optional all encompassing linux based hang on the wall combo touchscreen and mothership; such that it would be an all in one "do wat" with multimethodologies of input: ie: via a touchscreen interface, custom built client UI, remote client UI, etc.
                  Last edited by Pete; December 6, 2011, 12:43 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We have a Linux client now and will continue to support that. However, with all the cheap Android devices (Kindle Fire at $199), I think that is the best platform for the client.

Here is one with ICS for only $99:

http://www.ainovo.com/

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    What about the HSTouch client for Linux?

I am starting to see some base touch standards for most common touch screen methodologies from the point of sale side. In the 90's one of the first point of sales systems was called Squirrel and it ran off a very basic one floppy disk unix terminal boot box with a touch screen.

Comment

Thanks Rich for offering us some great insight to the future of Homeseer!

Yes the Android tablets are quickly moving to the masses and are here to stay. The ultimate remote control for the home and reasonably priced such that having multiple android tablets will be the norm very soon. Even the older over 60 crowd seems to be attracted to the all encompassing reasonably priced android tablet; easy to use and priced just right for the average consumer.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Anymore updates?

Comment

I started this thread a year ago!

Is the Hometroller Mini still on the drawing board? When?

Steve Q
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm betting this is still valid:
                            Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            No firm date, it will be a few months.
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes! The hold up was getting HS3 finished, which is close, developers are working with it now getting their plugins going. Should have a beta out in Jan. The HomeTroller mini will follow.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                              I started this thread a year ago!

Is the Hometroller Mini still on the drawing board? When?

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                              X