No announcement yet.

Block 100% of robo-calls using HSphone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That did it!!!! Thank you very much for the solution. Now I can enjoy peace and quiet without unwanted phone calls.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

You're very welcome!
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Hi Fred,

After having issues with a change to a Docsis3 modem, and then the HS3 to HS4 jump, HSPhone was finally broken. And then the spammers found my number.

I have now put HS2 on my wife's media server, and have resurrected your wonderful script. Tested and working well in 2021

Thank You !!!!!

Tim
        Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
          Hi Fred,

After having issues with a change to a Docsis3 modem, and then the HS3 to HS4 jump, HSPhone was finally broken. And then the spammers found my number.

I have now put HS2 on my wife's media server, and have resurrected your wonderful script. Tested and working well in 2021

Thank You !!!!!

Tim
          HSphone is dead; long live HSphone! Glad it's working for you, and you're very welcome!
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Wow wished this would work for the iPhone..... I would love to stop those folks from calling with timeshare offers...

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
              Wow wished this would work for the iPhone..... I would love to stop those folks from calling with timeshare offers...
              Devoir
              HSPhone is part of HomeSeer2 and requires that the phone line be physically hooked up to the HomeSeer2 server. It would not really work on an iPhone or any mobile phone for that matter unless you forwarded your mobile number to the line hooked up to HomeSeer.

Have you tried a search for "blocking spam calls on an iphone?" There are many apps that will block spam calls.

Comment

Here still using the old Snelv CID blocking plugin on the embedded HS2 build connected to the Way2Call box.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This is a bit off topic as it doesn't involve HS, but it provides an alternative solution.

I use a device called Tel-Lynx. It is no longer being produced, but it might be possible to find one on the secondary market. It is very capable. I screens incoming calls and requires new callers to identify themselves. If they go through the screening process the unit then rings the phones and announces the caller. We then have the option of accepting the call, rejecting the call, or sending the caller to voice mail. We can also add the caller to whitelist so they will not be screened when they call. There is a Do Not Disturb mode and we can set tiers in the whitelist that allows certain callers through DND in an emergency. We have also set different ring patterns for me and my wife that are based on the ID of the callers on the white list. Our unit can ring five vintage telephones phones with mechanical ringers. If anyone should find a unit, I have the latest version of the firmware that I will share.

We like the Tel-Lynx so well I bought a second unit as a backup when they ceased production. We use it with Vonage and it will work with landlines. I don't think it works with DSL.

Comment

Is the Tel-Lynx a self contained device?

Here wired Ooma lines and aux CPE line to punch panel and using two 2 line Panasonic bases. Also use Google Voice to forward all call. Always give my GV number for my cell number.

Just dropped last of two copper lines.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Is the Tel-Lynx a self contained device?

Here wired Ooma lines and aux CPE line to punch panel and using two 2 line Panasonic bases. Also use Google Voice to forward all call. Always give my GV number for my cell number.

Just dropped last of two copper lines.
                      It is. It's a little black box that you insert between your incoming line and your phones. My setup is pretty simple.

Vonage box > Tel-Linx > 110 block > Phones

I hate smart phones and I like tinkering so I use vintage phones that I have restored. The mechanical ringers means that the REN requirement is far greater than yours would be but the Tel-Lynx handles the phones with no problem, so it's a pretty solid device. It uses a pretty primitive DOS based application to update the unit, but the voice prompts are good when programming by phone. I will say that it is probably not a simple unit to program for the average user, but it is very powerful and configurable once you get the hang of it. It works with Vonage so I suspect it would work with Ooma as well but I don't know this for certain.

If you'd like a copy of the documentation it is available here:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1NNYXe0vPS.pdf

There are several versions of the box. Some can use Skype and mobile phones as lines for dialing out. I just use the basic unit, so I can't speak to how well those functions operate.

Comment

Thank you Alex.

Here too in to antique phones. The reason we continue to use the Panasonic phone systems (3rd upgrade) is that wife prefers tje larger Panasonic phones than the newer style wireles sphones.

That and all cell phones / smart phones are shut off when in the house. I have a deal with the provider that when the cell phones are off then the caller gets a disconnected message.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

One of the great things about the Tel-Lynx is that it can convert pulse to DTMF so you can use rotary dial phones. How cool is that? We have a rotary wall phone in our kitchen and it's fun to use. I have nieces and nephews who had never actually "dialed" a phone and weren't sure how it worked. The Tel-Lynx also works with FSK message waiting devices. I've modified a few external units, mounted them inside phones and added beehive LED's for message waiting indicators.

This is our "hot line".

Hot Line
                          It has an internal dialer that calls the local pizza joint when we pick up the hand set.

Sandman's is a great resource for telephone parts, tools and info.

When I had to carry an iPhone for my job, I kept it in a stainless steel cocktail shaker in my drink holder when I wasn't on a call. It made a perfect Faraday shield.

Comment

Apologies as this is off topic too.
                            For those of you that are into old telephone things you might enjoy a look. This is where I spend my Wednesday doing Strowger stuff and Saturday doing digital. We also have three Panasonic KX-TD's one fitted and two waiting. All they do in life is perform protocol conversion LD - MF and vice versa.
                            http://www.dfrtelecoms.org.uk/

Peter

Comment

Working...
                            X