Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS 1.7 to 2.2 migration; How to get to phone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS 1.7 to 2.2 migration; How to get to phone?

Just loaded HS 2.2.0.66 moving from 1.7. Can't figure out how to do a basic page over my PBX. I have a Hi-Phone Way-2-Call. The Hi-Phone background task is running (I assume cause the tray icon is active) and the HSPhone interface loaded with no errors during HS start-up.

In 1.7 I used the Phone Tab on the Event Properties window to select 'dial the following number', which was a 2 digit extension for paging, then type in the text I wanted it to say. That's how I did all my whole-house announcements.

In 2.2, I can't find any references to the phone in device lists, nor as items to select when trying to create an event.

How do you guys accomplish this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Hilt

For me, I had to put in a help desk ticket for HST to recognize that I should get the license for HSPhone as well. Like you, I had HSPhone with 1.7, but it takes an extra license to get it turned on with HS 2.2. Try the help ticket route.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
      For me, I had to put in a help desk ticket for HST to recognize that I should get the license for HSPhone as well. Like you, I had HSPhone with 1.7, but it takes an extra license to get it turned on with HS 2.2. Try the help ticket route.

Steve
      Thanks Steve. If that's the case, where did you supply the license info to the software? They claim it comes with HS, and I don't see anywhere in the updater where is separated. The startup log shows "The Homeseer Phone Web Interface initializing . . ." Is that not the HSPhone?

Hilt

Comment

I guess I don't actually remember. Do you have a Phone tab on the Setup page? For me, that tab has (at the top) a "Registered" checkbox and a "Edit Licenses" link.

I'm sure if you include the question with your help desk ticket, they can give you directions.

Steve

Comment

as i recall, the software comes with HS, but you have to activate it/put your license in. i seem to remember you do this in the setup ->phone tab
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Spoken phone text in a 5X loop !!

Who needs the HelpDesk?? Not I. Thanks guys. Adding the license info got me the 'phone' tab and thus the phone.

Now I have another annoying issue: The text that I have spoken, repeats itself 5 times! I've attached the Event, the phone config tabs, and the detailed log from the event.

I knoe it's now early in the morning but . . .What the heck is going on here?

Hilt
            Attached Files

Comment

Because HomeSeer phone doesn't know when the user has actually picked up the phone, the message is repeated. How many times, I'm not sure.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Because HomeSeer phone doesn't know when the user has actually picked up the phone, the message is repeated. How many times, I'm not sure.
                Hey Rupp, thanks for the info. FYI, it's 5! Five times repeated. Now the $64M question . . . How do you fix it? The phone jack on the Hi-Phone is connected directly as an extension on my Panasonic PBX, so it will never get a dial tone, or any other normal phone signals. Hi-phone just goes off-hook to the PBX tone, dials the 2 digits, then waits (I guess). The phone is answered automatically (theoretically) since you're just picking up an extension, and dialing another extension (or page code). So, (1)can it be tricked into thinking it's been picked up? Or, (2)Set some time delay before speaking, or (3) just change the repeat default to 1?

I just wanna make it like it was in 1.7 . . . . . ;-)

Hilt

PS Just wondering . . . Can I send commands directly to the hi-phone? i.e. , 'Default Line Speak', 'SpeakWait Start', etc

9/11/2008 UPDATE: I found the HSPhone script commands in the online help and now have this working. CLOSED!!
                Last edited by ; September 11, 2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Phone application

I need to have our app make calls to telephones, cellphones (etc), play a greeting with some information specific to the callee, accept touch tone input, process it, and hang up the call.
                  I'd like to run it in classic ASP (or VB6). What would you recommend and are there sample scripts that addresses these issues?
                  Thanks
                  bignick

Comment

Working...
                  X