This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooma Phone service with Homeseer

Is anyone using Ooma phone service with HSPhone? When someone leaves a voicemail message on Homeseer and then hangs up, the dialtone gets recorded until the max. message time has exceeded.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or has any suggestions.

Thanks
    Last edited by zakrzep; February 22, 2013, 02:15 PM.

I've had mine about a week and am not having that problem. Using Way2Call.

Are you able to access HS remotely since installing the Ooma. I cannot, but have not invested time in figuring out how to configure around this so if you, or annybody else, already knows you can save me some time.

Comment

I have, but my setup is cable/dsl modem > router > ooma

Yours is probably cable/dsl modem > ooma > router. I read some forums a while back on how to get into the ooma box to fix this, but I can't find it right now.

Are you using the way2call for voicemail? If so, can you post your hsphone.ini so I can see your settings? Mainly silence detect, etc.

Thanks

Comment

I am using the Way2Call for VM. I try putting it on my router and see if it allows access to HS (should) and if I then get the same problem as you. Rename the attachment from .zip to .ini
        Attached Files

Comment

It turns out I have the same problem as you no matter how I wire in the Ooma. I guess I just never made it to the end of a message before.

Comment

Have you checked all of your hsphone settings? I believe there is one for software silence detection. Maybe that can be tweaked. Unfortunately, the hsphone settings are not well explained anywhere.

Comment

yeah, they are set. I am not to concerned as I rarely listen to the end anyway.

Comment

Now some of my messages are getting cut off. I have software silence detection disabled. I am getting the message "silence detected via hardware" in my HS logs.

Comment

Ooma is available on WOOT today.
                  Any updates on how this is working with Way2Call?
                  John

Comment

I have also been getting some message cut off. I upped the slience detection to 30 (from 10) and so far this seems to be working. Other than that, very happy with the setup

Comment

I recently switched to Ooma. I don't have the issue with vm's not cutting off but I am having an issue using # to access HS. Not certain it's an Ooma issue but was wondering if any of you access HS remotely by pressing # during the OGM and what your experience is with Ooma.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                        I recently switched to Ooma. I don't have the issue with vm's not cutting off but I am having an issue using # to access HS. Not certain it's an Ooma issue but was wondering if any of you access HS remotely by pressing # during the OGM and what your experience is with Ooma.

Thanks
                        I don't use the # key very much, but I did make two phone calls yesterday using the # key to have HS do the dialing for me and it worked fine.

Comment

I am guessing you are using the Telo rather than the Hub. My (recent) understanding is there is some technical reason the Hub can't accept DTMF but the Telo can.

Comment

I don't have the Telo, but the hub

Comment

Hmmm...that's odd because its all over the ooma forums that the hub shouldn't let dtnf through but the telo does with a recent update. Can you describe your setup and connections? Do you use the way2call?

Comment

Working...
                              X