This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Play back Voice Mail

Several messages are in the mailbox according to the 'Messages' display.
    Incoming messages are properly announced and heard clearly.
    Clicking the 'play' button has no noticeable effect. (either button).

Anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this?

All software is uptodate according to the Updater.

Only the Default mailbox is in use.
    The factory 'external-single' script has been selected.
    Running HS2.5.0.23 and Win XP w/svcPk3.

Fred LaPlante

Originally posted by flaplante View Post
    Several messages are in the mailbox according to the 'Messages' display.
    Incoming messages are properly announced and heard clearly.
    Clicking the 'play' button has no noticeable effect. (either button).

Anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this?

All software is uptodate according to the Updater.

Only the Default mailbox is in use.
    The factory 'external-single' script has been selected.
    Running HS2.5.0.23 and Win XP w/svcPk3.

Fred LaPlante

HI

Make sure you use Internet explorer as i have had problems with this in other browsers.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

While my normal browser is Firefox, I have tried IE8 and results are the same.

I am unable to playback any messages that show in the 'messages' screen. But all other voice announcements are working just fine including anouncing incoming calls.

Fred

Comment

I'm still having this problem: unable to playback any voice mail I receive.

Anybody have any thoughts as to what the problem might be. (and how to correct it!)

Fred

Comment

Any errors in the HomeSeer log when you try to play the message?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Reviving this thread and putting this information here as, as we all know, there will be no help whatsoever forthcoming from the developers.

Same problem, messages do not play back either over the house speakers nor browser.
            Messages play back fine when retrieved over the phone.

This worked fine up until (as far as I can tell) a long overdue upgrade from XP to Windows 7.

To Rupp's last response, NO, nothing is logged except on one computer I happened to try. Attempts to play messages from the page on two other machines (Both IE and FF) produce NO errors whatever. The error I did manage to produce is
            "Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/hspw?doaction=vmailplay&message_file=2017-05-23_19-02-11.wav"

The recorded files are present in the \messages folder.

Comment

Can you play the files by selecting them in the messages folder? Is the HS folder shared with other computers on your network?

I have HS3 and HSPhone on a Win7 computer and can play them in a browser with both FF and Chrome. I did have to identify the playback program as I recall. I also found that if I disable autoplay in FF, then I can no longer play the message files.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                Can you play the files by selecting them in the messages folder? Is the HS folder shared with other computers on your network?
                Yes, the entire HS Folder is shared over the local network, and always has been.

I have HS3 and HSPhone on a Win7 computer and can play them in a browser with both FF and Chrome. I did have to identify the playback program as I recall. I also found that if I disable autoplay in FF, then I can no longer play the message files.
                I tried identifying the playback program earlier today, with no more success.
                I'm not sure I'm familiar with the "autoplay" option in FF, but I'll look for it and let you know if that helps, however it was the HS host machine that was upgraded. All my other machines from which I've always been able to play messages, were always Win7. Now, I'm unable to play messages anywhere except through the phone.

Thank-you for responding.
                Last edited by Wadenut; May 24, 2017, 05:13 PM.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  Yes, the entire HS Folder is shared over the local network, and always has been.
                  If you navigate to the message file from a network computer, are you able to play the file that way?
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

If you navigate to the message file from a network computer, are you able to play the file that way?
                    Yes. Both the WAV and the MP3 versions; from any computer on the network.

Comment

It's hard to believe it's anything to do with a browser, as all machines I've tried have the same result even though there was no problem prior to installing Win7 on the server.
                      It's also hard to believe it could be any Win7 setting on that machine as no other playback seems to be affected.
                      It's as if HS itself cannot locate the file, but then why no error, other than attempting to play messages on that single machine I've tried.

In addition, if the link to the message is pasted directly into the browser, the message does play.
                      Last edited by Wadenut; May 25, 2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

It's possible you need a patch update or it's an issue on the providers' part.

Comment

See if this rings any bells:

In upgrading to Win7...

- Backup HS folder under XP
                          - Install Win7
                          - Install fresh copy of HS & upgrade to latest (previously installed) version.
                          - Copy original HS folder into location, reboot & run. (I have a suspicion here).

Comment

It sounds like you action that is supposed to be triggered by the play button is not being initiated.

Comment

It sounds like you action that is supposed to be triggered by the play button is not being initiated.
                              I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it being Win7 64 bit (forgot to mention that).

Comment

Working...
                              X