This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question

I have not been able to find this, but how do I get HS to pick up when I dial into my house from outside? For example I was going to setup a few simple DTMF codes for things I like to do when returning from an out of town trip just in case my Internet goes down and HStouch cannot reach the house. I want to call the house from my cell, have HS pick up, then punch in my DTMF.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Comment

Are you saying that you have set up HS2 to respect the # key ... with a password ...

then you should be able to set dtmf codes or voice commands to initiate other actions ..

Have you looked at the "external" scripts so that you could modify these as well.

What is it that you want the system to do?

Comment

Take a look at the included IVR scripts in your homeseer folder. Scripts like "external_multiple.txt" let you access a mailbox from outside, and after punching in a code you can issue voice/dtmf commands.

I would advice you to get familiar with the HSPhone scripting language, so you can tailor existing scripts to your own needs (and to make sure you're script is reasonably secure, you don't want that pesky neighbour to remotely control your garagedoor....right ?)

Comment

Thanks man! I will look at that!

Comment

Working...
          X