This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang Up On Caller

I want to be able to hang up on a caller via call screening - I could have sworn I saw somewhere within the HSPhone settings this existed. Now can't find it anywhere. Wonder if I'm being dense.

Now I'm looking at SnevlCid and see it has this ability but do not want to unneccessarily add more to HSPro if the stock HSPhone with Way2Call modem can handle it.

If I understand what you want... Just put this in an event:

&hsp.linehangup 1

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't mind having some scripts - however, I need a mechanism to determine what numbers to hang up on. Like being able to blacklist certain #'s.
      Somewhow thought HSPhone should have it built in...

Comment

Oh, ok. I see what you mean. I did put that in Snevl CID, but I don't know enough about the stock HSPhone to say if it has some separate capability to do that.

Steve

Comment

In HSPhone it depends on how you want to hang up and on whom.
          Myself.. using a Way2Call modem, if there's a number I know I don't want to hear from, for instance a known telemarketer, I set the "Hang up on this caller" option in the address book for that number. I also set the ring pattern for that number to 0,0,1 so the phone never rings.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks Steve and Wadenut.
            Will give that a try and see how it works.

Comment

In testing the hangup feature It doesn't seem to function. Calling in with my cell phone, when I set my own address book entry to "Hang Up On This Caller" allows it to ring until either the (separate) answering machine answers - or I hang up.

Maybe there are some other settings that need to be in place for this to work. Here are the settings from the address book itself.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1167081

edit: yes I am running through the way2call box first.

Comment

Here I have gone to not passing the rings in; checking the initial CID and just blocking it on the next call.

I have also seen now a migration from toll free to wireless callers from various states sans any CID but "wireless caller" which is really getting irritating as most likely these are using throw away SIM cards.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

BLNetcallerid does this, once a number is added to the block list then HS answers the call and speaks a pre defined message, "Get lost, I dont want your calls" then hangs up

Blade wrote a script to do that on callerid but as you can imagine, you need extra hardware, netcallerid or a way2call i think.

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    In testing the hangup feature It doesn't seem to function. Calling in with my cell phone, when I set my own address book entry to "Hang Up On This Caller" allows it to ring until either the (separate) answering machine answers - or I hang up.

Maybe there are some other settings that need to be in place for this to work. Here are the settings from the address book itself.
                    [ATTACH]32631[/ATTACH]

edit: yes I am running through the way2call box first.
                    - Do you actually get the caller ID?
                    - Try also, Answer this caller after number of rings = 0
                    I know I worked a lot on this but it was years ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Terry here I am using Steve's CID program and the BL outgoing CID program. That said I am using both W2C and NetCID boxes in said configuration:

Outside line = = > W2C box = = > phone patch panel = = > house phones/NETCid box.

I also have two copper and three VOIP lines but only use the W2C box on the one copper line. It would be nice though to be able to utilize two W2C boxes with HS. I still have the internal HSPhone PCI card but removed it a few years ago with a preference to utilizing the W2C box.

It would be nice to have an all in one program that does CID inbound and outbound such that I wouldn't need to run more than one script or plugin.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Dang Pete! You gotta lotta things going on.

I am like this
                        Outside line = = > Alarm panel = = > = = > W2Call = = > phone patch panel = = > house phones

Wadenut - I actually had it work once this morning - but the very next call it would ring and not hang up. I know it is getting CID correctly because it would announce the custom announce I had listed in the phone book entry. Plus I can see it in the log. Set my settings the same as yours - will see if it makes a difference.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I do remember having had a similar problem. "It could too have something to do with the timing of CallerID from your Telco." -- That was one of Ricks thoughts at the time (that was back when a little help didn't cost an arm and a leg). Those are the settings (above) I ended up with and they do work for me. I wouldn't have known I'd had three telemarketer calls today had I not looked at the Callers log.

Comment

Yeah forgot before the W2C box the alarm panel is there too.

Today I have a doorbell event which triggers a CID called "Doorbell" with a date time stamp on it; but no one ring the door bell; IE: UPS just knocks on the door.

Monk you can also do a double CID; one showing the outside call CID and one showing the address book CID and they will both show up on the internal telephones.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              An event though calling back the telemarketers' (if there is one) number with a custom derogatory repetitive CID outboutbound event would be great.
                              But then you've confirmed your number to them.
                              Another trick I use is to let them ring (not to the phones) and let the call go to the fax machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X