Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have this combination working HSPhone, Way2Call, HomeSeer2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have this combination working HSPhone, Way2Call, HomeSeer2?

I'm having many problems/issues with this combination... HomeSeer2, HSPhone & Way2Call Modem PN-HD00USGR01. Very spastic results, scripts work, then they don't, phone works, then it doesn't and so on.

Has anyone had good stable results with this combination of HS2, HSPhone & Way2Call 01?

IS the HSPhone program stable? Seems like when ever I have one of the many issues show up, shutting down HomeSeer2 and restarting it will either resolve the issue temporally, do nothing, or add new issues... it like rolling the dice!

Here's an example of a very simple script that works or does not depending on how many times I restart HomeSeer

Code:
    sub main()
    hsp.speak 1,"test, 1,2,3",true
    end sub
    I place a call from my mobile phone to my home phone that has the Way2Call and HomeSeer on it. Once the call is connected, I use an event called "Phone_test_TTS" to run the above script. When the above script works correctly, I hear "Test 1 2 3" on the phone. When it does not work correctly, most of the time I hear nothing on the phone even though the HSlog shows that the command was issued and at least on time, the voice came out of the computer speakers instead of the phone.

So... I'd like to ask again... is the HSPhone software stable? I don't mind spending hours and hours and hours working through my own brain malfunctions, but I don't want to waste a bunch of time if the software is the problem.

Comment

I have almost the same combination except that I have modem SGR02.

I haven't tried exactly what you are doing, but everything I have tried has worked. The modem sorts callers and hangs up on some after a brief message not to call again. It takes messages, and records new callers to the address book, chooses ring pattern based on who is calling, etc.

Unless the problem is with your modem, I don't think it's a problem with the system.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Works fine here, too

Check the power supply and the grounding of the Way2Call unit. It won't work properly without the power supply plugged in (and supplying power), and some have found that additional grounding of the W2C device or the negative wire from the power supply has eliminated problems (search this board, use Google and search like this "site:homeseer.com <search term> <search term>" - the search in this board won't search on more than one work at a time).

FWIW
        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Thanks for the replies and info. And special thanks for the "site:homeseer.com <search term> <search term>" tip... I never thought to use Google to search the HomeSeer board, that will help a lot to narrow down the 100's of posts I have to read to attempt to resolve these issues!

SO... so far we have 2 users who are using this, (or similar) setup and getting OK results... ANY MORE out there?

I'll bypass all the random works / don't work issues for now and try taking these issues one at a time...

1st... In an effort to resolve these issues, one of the things that I did was to remove the Way2Call drivers and reinstall them. After that, HomeSeer is no longer sending my audio script commands to the Hi-Phone audio device... they seem to be going no where... they do not play over the phone or the computer speakers, but the HSlog shows that the commands were executed. The caller ID does however announce the caller over the computer speakers. Anyone know how to tell HomeSeer where to go with this audio?

Comment

BTW... I did check the power supply... it's connected and working. As to the grounding... I guess I could attempt to do the grounding thing some how, but it seems like if it was a ground issue then there would always be a ground issue and I would always be seeing the problems. But what I am getting is something like this...

- a day or two of tweaking = everything (i want working) is working.
            - a day later = one feature that worked before suddenly is not.
            - a day or two of tweaking = now it's even worse
            - another day of tweaking = most are working
            - another day of tweaking = back to everything working
            - a day later = yep... more issues again.

When I use the word "tweaking", I'm not really changing anything as much as I'm just doing a bunch of replacing wires, uninstalling and reinstalling, recreating ini files, exiting and restarting HomeSeer, etc. Just stop and starting HomeSeer changes the issues 1 out of 5 times.

Comment

I have HS2Pro , Way2Call, HSPhone setup.

Seems to work well (as designed) for me.

Although i haven't tried the test script that you have above, I haven't had many issues .. as i said.. it works as designed.. answers calls on designated number of rings.. mutes rings until caller ID available, us # key on internal phones to get access to voice commands.. etc..

The one thing I'd like to do but haven't figured out how to do yet is:

Have a script or event that Mutes all rings for 2 hours.. then returns system to normal... I think it should be able to do.. but i haven't had any luck in the few attempts i have tried.
              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Jake,
                What logging level have you selected for HSPhone? Do you see any log messages that change when your system performs as you expect vs. not?
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

With regard to the power supply, I also have experienced some perplexing problems when the modem loses power, even briefly. If possible, I'd recommend plugging it into a UPS.

After I lose power to the modem I have to do two things: First, unplug the USB cable from the modem, then reinsert it. Then restart HS.

However, I do not see random failures, just failure of the modem to function at all, so I doubt that is the cause of your problems. I am more suspicious that your modem is malfunctioning and may need to be repaired or replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
                    I have HS2Pro , Way2Call, HSPhone setup.

Seems to work well (as designed) for me.

Although i haven't tried the test script that you have above, I haven't had many issues .. as i said.. it works as designed.. answers calls on designated number of rings.. mutes rings until caller ID available, us # key on internal phones to get access to voice commands.. etc..

I have this combination too, with the same results. On Windows XP, if that might be a factor...

Comment

@Uncle Mike... I've turn on the extra logging a few times to see if I did see anything... did not notice anything that stood out.

I am using XP Pro SP3.

When I test the modem on it's own with the Way2Call Wiz and HomeSeer down... it passes all the test every time without fail.

I would be OK with it if I could just get back to the few things I want working... working! That is just dialing out and playing audio over the phone (either TTS or WAV/MP3).

Comment

Just for completeness, here is my setup page (two screen shots). Are there any significant differences with yours?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          I would be OK with it if I could just get back to the few things I want working... working! That is just dialing out and playing audio over the phone (either TTS or WAV/MP3).
                          Well that's certainly working for me. XP Pro, HS2Pro, Way2Call, Ooma.

I do have the power ground to the Way2Call grounded to the PC ground. (I don't know if that was needed, it's really just a feature of how I have it powered.) I have the USB driver updated via Windows Update. I have to say it has been stable and reliable.

The only issues I have or had are:

1. Call waiting didn't seem to work quite right. I have it disabled.
                          2. The outgoing caller ID apparently sends the day and month in reversed order from what my phones expect. (The Ooma sends it correctly.)
                          3. For blocked callers, I had to set it to answer on the second ring or the call would go back to ringing when it hung up. I'm sure this is an Ooma problem. It worked correctly with a real phone line. Anyway, the phones still don't ring for blocked calls which is good.
                          4. Ooma gives dial tone right after hang up, so I get 30 seconds of dial tone at the end of every recorded message.

Weirdly, I had the opposite experience with the Way2Call diagnostics. They failed the dial out test, but it dials out just fine from HomeSeer.

Comment

@Uncle Michael... many of my settings are different as they are set now, but none of these setting should cause any problems and I've tried many different combination. I mostly have it set to do nothing but monitor CID because the only real purpose I have for it now is to have HomeSeer call several phone numbers and report via TTS or WAV/MP3 when certain trigger go off.

And... it looks like we have another satisfied customer in joegr with a similar combination. I have not yet seen the SAME combination that I have... the difference either being...

I HAVE HS2 - and some, if not all, have HS2PRO

I HAVE a PN-HD00USGR01 Way2Call - and some, if not all, have PN-HD00USGR02

This makes me wonder if the differences in the Way2Call 01 vs 02 would make a big difference (even though I have update the firmware).

Also makes me wonder if the HS2PRO has a different version of HSPhone than my HS2 has. Maybe someone with HomeSeer could answer this question.

Comment

1st things 1st...

The issue I am dealing with at the moment is the TTS and WAV audio is NOT being sent to the Hi-Phone audio. The log says that the command executed, but nothing on the phone or computer speakers.

From the time it worked to the time it does not work, one of the things I did to attempt to resolve OTHER issues was to uninstall and reinstall the Way2Call drivers and programs... I'm pretty sure that is when the music died (ha ha, classic rock joke).

SO... Anyone know where you go to tell HomeSeer to send the audio to the right place?

Comment

Working...
                              X