Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker Client & Screen Brightness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Speaker Client & Screen Brightness

    Hello All,

    I am installed some Fire HD 10 tablets on my walls to control the house but i am coming across a few hurdles.

    My first issue is the speaker client wont work, i am connecting to HS3 locally below is the warning.

    ' Speaker host connection refused from 192.168.13.112 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.'

    I have changed the default user password but are using a different user with Admin+Local access from the hs touch client anyway.


    Second one is that i cant get the screen to dim using client action or by putting a button on a page using an action. Script is below. There is nothing else i would need todo is there ?

    Sub Main(Parms As Object)
    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Androidown7",".38",""})
    End Sub

    #2
    Here created a unique user (admin-local access) and password for Homeseer touch clients (Windows). I also remove or disable default user.

    user: hstouch
    password: 123456 (or whatever)
    - Pete

    Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
    6.10.0.104
    HS4 Lite -

    X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
      Second one is that i cant get the screen to dim using client action or by putting a button on a page using an action. Script is below. There is nothing else i would need todo is there ?

      Sub Main(Parms As Object)
      hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Androidown7",".38",""})
      End Sub
      Your code is correct. Do you know for a fact that your client hardware supports dimming? Just for testing purposes, you could try putting that dim command as an "immediate command" in an event. If it dims from there, but not from the HStouch client, then it's an HStouch problem with the button. If it doesn't dim from either, then maybe something is going on with the Fire. Maybe some other Fire users could advise if the Fire supports software dimming control?
      Fred

      HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
        Your code is correct. Do you know for a fact that your client hardware supports dimming? Just for testing purposes, you could try putting that dim command as an "immediate command" in an event. If it dims from there, but not from the HStouch client, then it's an HStouch problem with the button. If it doesn't dim from either, then maybe something is going on with the Fire. Maybe some other Fire users could advise if the Fire supports software dimming control?



        I have a new fire 10" but I use a press and release thru an event to press a button on the tablet itself and it dims and brightens just fine.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here created a unique user (admin-local access) and password for Homeseer touch clients (Windows). I also remove or disable default user.

          user: hstouch
          password: 123456 (or whatever)
          Thanks for the reply Pete, i am using android clients, you think it will be the same thing being the issue?

          Its strange because until i changed the default password it worked fine.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by wadesready View Post
            I have a new fire 10" but I use a press and release thru an event to press a button on the tablet itself and it dims and brightens just fine.
            Thanks for you response. So i think have done the same a you with this? I add a new button and make the attached the release action.
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
              Thanks for the reply Pete, i am using android clients, you think it will be the same thing being the issue?

              Its strange because until i changed the default password it worked fine.
              Think i may of found this issue, please see attached. I have now put non default information in here but i cant test as the tablets are on my desk at work!
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
                Thanks for you response. So i think have done the same a you with this? I add a new button and make the attached the release action.



                for 5% you have to have it set to .005


                for 80% it is .8


                a 1 for 100%

                Comment


                  #9
                  i am using android clients, you think it will be the same thing being the issue?
                  yes
                  Its strange because until i changed the default password it worked fine.

                  Yes thinking way back the default does work if both passwords match.

                  That said I did disable the default user and just utilize hstouch in both places with the same password. IE: Users and HSTouch speaker settings and client settings.

                  The Homeseer touch client is the same whatever OS you are using. The client plays back a wave file coming from the mothership. It is a copy of the text to speech generated by your mothership. You Homeseer client will only speak whatever you have defined on the mothership.

                  When running the speaker client on a windows machine you sourcing the SAPI from said client whatever voice you want to use.

                  You can run both HSTouch and speaker on your windows touch screen client which is what I do.
                  Last edited by Pete; July 7, 2018, 11:26 AM.
                  - Pete

                  Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                  HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                  6.10.0.104
                  HS4 Lite -

                  X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks for the help both! Will get them from my desk tomorrow and give it ago.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      So, speaker client back working thanks guys for that! Dimming is successful with buttons through hstouch but still nothing happens when running this script ? Any other thoughts ?

                      Sub Main(Parms As Object)
                      hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Longe7",".001",""})
                      End Sub

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Somewhere here on the forum there is a list of ClientAction commands for Android that should work fine. I am not sure relating to different versions of Android / HSTouch.

                        Googling found this from 2014:

                        Clients - Android Discussions regarding HSTouch Clients for Android Devices
                        - Pete

                        Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                        6.10.0.104
                        HS4 Lite -

                        X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Somewhere here on the forum there is a list of ClientAction commands for Android that should work fine. I am not sure relating to different versions of Android / HSTouch.

                          Googling found this from 2014:

                          Clients - Android Discussions regarding HSTouch Clients for Android Devices
                          Hi Pete, thanks i found that thread before which is how i made some on the script up, I may pass it over to rich as there is nothing in the log apart from its running the script as the clientaction through scripts doesnt seem to work at all for me.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            This is a longshot, but have you checked to be sure that the client name you're using (Longe7) exactly matches the name as shown in the "Connected Speaker Clients" list at the bottom of the Network tab on the HS Settings page?
                            Fred

                            HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
                              This is a longshot, but have you checked to be sure that the client name you're using (Longe7) exactly matches the name as shown in the "Connected Speaker Clients" list at the bottom of the Network tab on the HS Settings page?

                              Hi, yep I have checked that been copying it from the hstouch designer, I have tried lower case, upper case, no numbers in the name by changing through the app setting just as tests none of which have worked for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X