Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Background Service (Screenoff)

Hey Guys,

So I've managed to get my Android Tablet setup going with motion detection, and automatically screen sleep however i notice HSTouch drops off from the Server after a period of time. If this period lapses it will try to reconnect "Reconnecting to HS IP ADDRESS", which can sometimes take up to 30 seconds.

Is there any solution, to keep HS connected to the server when the screen is off? (other than dimming the screen).

Originally posted by voltier View Post
    Hey Guys,

So I've managed to get my Android Tablet setup going with motion detection, and automatically screen sleep however i notice HSTouch drops off from the Server after a period of time. If this period lapses it will try to reconnect "Reconnecting to HS IP ADDRESS", which can sometimes take up to 30 seconds.

Is there any solution, to keep HS connected to the server when the screen is off? (other than dimming the screen).
    I always leave my screen on when running touch. I have a screen saver program ("Night Clock") that shows a floating clock face to prevent burnin.

A couple of thoughts on your sitiuation: Do you have your Android tablets on a fixed IP LAN address? There is a problem where HS Touch will loose connectivity when using a dynamic IP address. I use the IP Reservation feature on my router to assign a fixed address.

There is a setting in Android called "Keep Wifi on". Is that set?

Comment

Thanks aa6vh ! - Will test it out with the IP Reservation equivalent feature ive got on my router and report back

Comment

Working...
      X