Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still plugging along on an older HP TouchPad running CyanogenMod 9. It's mounted in our kitchen and is the hub for checking the status of things. We dont really use it for *control* much anymore since the Echo was released a couple of years ago. I've finally got my family to use voice to control lighting instead of a touchscreen, Nonetheless, HSTouch just keeps plugging along:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	1224
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	1288756Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	1367
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1288757
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Take your time with it Drew. HS3 Designer has many features.

Here too graphically challenged.

Here as most of the computers used are Linux I have configured a W2016 server for only HSDesigner use via RDP from any computer.

Works great. Here are views from my Ubuntu laptop to the W2016 Windows server.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hs3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	1288788

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Some of these are AWESOME - lots of good looking screens. Inspiration - I LOVE IT. I am hoping to do an LCARS system (like ST:TNG).

But you guys are great and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by pgordon View Post
          first effort at bedside screen

attached captures of my in-progress experiments with a bedside alarm clock plus...

The 2nd screen is a screensaver which fades in to almost completely blank the screen, but it leaves the clock display visible (but dimmed) - this is how I'd envisage it running most of the time. - a press anywhere on the screen restores screen1. The clock element is positioned at exactly the same coordinates so that changing between screens is very smooth & seamless. - Only problem is, without a client-side timer, I can't figure out how to get it to behave like a real screensaver & display automatically after X mins of inactivity, - right now, I have to press the button to bring it up... :-(whilst

I also seem to have discovered a bug whilst working on the up & down arrow functions for setting the alarm time, - but that's posted in another thread...

Cheers.

Paul G.
          I LOVE THIS IDEA - May I ask, what are you using for the bedside control? A tablet of some kind? How did you get the screensaver object / screen to do that?

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by bearhntr View Post
            Some of these are AWESOME - lots of good looking screens. Inspiration - I LOVE IT. I am hoping to do an LCARS system (like ST:TNG).

But you guys are great and thanks for sharing.
            I created an optional LCARS version for all the HSTouch screens and set it up so that the theme can be toggled. WAF was not high for the LCARS screens though - she didn't have Trek growing up in Brazil so it basically is a does-not-compute for her. YMMV on this of course

Older version of those screens are at this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...44#post1269932

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              I'm still plugging along on an older HP TouchPad running CyanogenMod 9. It's mounted in our kitchen and is the hub
              Looks great! Did you make that mount or purchase? How do you power it? Tough to come up with a 'legal' way to conceal power.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

I created an optional LCARS version for all the HSTouch screens and set it up so that the theme can be toggled. WAF was not high for the LCARS screens though - she didn't have Trek growing up in Brazil so it basically is a does-not-compute for her. YMMV on this of course

Older version of those screens are at this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...44#post1269932

THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!! You created them all from scratch? What graphics app did you use?

That is exactly what I am looking to do. I have a few web links saved on an external drive with some specifications for "TRUE" LCARS - colors to be used, etc. I am gonna have to dig them up.

Curtis

Comment

I have hs touch on amazonhd10 what are you all using for fonts?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!! You created them all from scratch? What graphics app did you use?

That is exactly what I am looking to do. I have a few web links saved on an external drive with some specifications for "TRUE" LCARS - colors to be used, etc. I am gonna have to dig them up.

Curtis
                    Thanks - I created many from scratch, some are modified jpg pics from the interweb, and all of the animated gifs are off the web, although I modified one of them extensively.

All of it was done with Photoshop CS6.

What I really wish is if I could find a way to get my android to use the Starfleet font that's on my Windows computer for those screens. I know I could save the whole screen, fonts included, as a jpg or png file. Doing that would be incredibly labor intensive though - especially any time you change a button or label.

I have the LCARS color #s, which is what I used for the text & graphics, and I can share them when I get home from work if you wish.

Comment

It would be great, thank you. My fonts they appear on the designer bigger than on the fire 10, it makes it almost impossible to design anything.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a font scaling feature on the Designer and client to compensate for differences between the two, but I can't speak to their effectiveness.

Comment

Curtis
                          Here are the LCARS colors, hope this helps:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lcars_colors.gif
Views:	472
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1446922

Comment

Working...
                          X