Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for those of us who can't connect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions for those of us who can't connect?

It is driving me crazy to read all the post and I can't even get started! I saw mention of a .12 version. Is there a fix in it or do we need to do some uninstalling, tweaking now?

Thanks,
    Barry

What are you asking here?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What are you asking here?
      I am one of a few - see http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131643 - that can't get the designer or cleint to connect to the HS server. I've reported it in other posts too. I understand there is lots going on. I'm looking for a fix.

Barry

Comment

Ah, put in a help desk ticket and Rich will assign you a new trial license.

Comment

Ah, put in a help desk ticket and Rich will assign you a new trial license.
          Will do, but I'm not getting the unregistered message - I show TRIAL in current license mode. So I may have a different connection issue.

Barry

Comment

What exact error are you receiving? What OS are you running on?

Comment

What exact error are you receiving? What OS are you running on?
              See here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131658

On XP PRO (HS machine) or Vista (notebook), designer hangs on opening splash until I get a message that it can't connect to HS. I'll tried reinstalling the designer and client, and various combinations of usernames and password (default and my normal HS) under connection defaults.

Barry

Comment

Are these remote machines? If so did you enable the proper port for the designer to connect?

Comment

Are these remote machines? If so did you enable the proper port for the designer to connect?
                  The problem is occuring on the same machine I'm running HS .135. Same problem running client on wireless notebook. I did open the port on my router. I'm just trying to get connected at the local machine before I try anything remote.

I also report this in your post http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131626.

Comment

i have the same problem no connect in version hs 135

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                    The problem is occuring on the same machine I'm running HS .135. Same problem running client on wireless notebook. I did open the port on my router. I'm just trying to get connected at the local machine before I try anything remote.

I also report this in your post http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131626.

Comment

Please put in a help desk ticket if you are experiencing this issue.

Comment

Please put in a help desk ticket if you are experiencing this issue.
                        I did submit a ticket requesting a new trial license earlier today. Should I do another with the specifics of the no connect?

Comment

The client and server use a simple TCP connection, so I don't understand why it can't connect. Is there any virus or port blocking software on the HS system? Disable all that if so and see if it connects.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            The client and server use a simple TCP connection, so I don't understand why it can't connect. Is there any virus or port blocking software on the HS system? Disable all that if so and see if it connects.
                            I've attached a portion of the log file from when I first tried to use the designer, from my notebook. I believe I was connected, then the error showed.

I disable my antiviris. There is no port blocking software that I am aware of. Still no connection.

Thanks,
                            Barry
                            Attached Files

Comment

How about windows firewall. Is it blocking access?

Comment

Working...
                              X