Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a web developer.. but couldn't you just put an iframe in the page, with the real content, and then IE is in charge of drawing the scrollbars.?

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
      I'm not a web developer.. but couldn't you just put an iframe in the page, with the real content, and then IE is in charge of drawing the scrollbars.?
      An Iframe would be a good way of doing it.
      I have used DIVS with scrolling to good effect, here are my current development screens:......

No scrolling - page developed to comply with HST screen size.

The div does the scrolling (need to resize it a little to get bottom scroll button in.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Just to clarify, you can use the element actions (adjust a control up/down) to scroll a web page. You can assign these actions to Up/Down buttons, or assign either up or down to a slider. I will be adding right and left actions, but they are not in there yet.
        I have made a button that will move a html page (HSTV) down along with the pointer on a slider. I can get another button to move the slider pointer up but not the html page. I think I tried every possible option but the web page will not move up. This may be a bug?
        John

Comment

Just to clarify, you can use the element actions (adjust a control up/down) to scroll a web page. You can assign these actions to Up/Down buttons, or assign either up or down to a slider. I will be adding right and left actions, but they are not in there yet.
          Did the left/right actions ever get added? I can't seem to find them...

Comment

Rich,

That's neat! I'll have to try that.

I think I still use frames, as it lets you "force" the IE instance to be the proper size (assuming the html-text box is 800x600, when you draw in IE some webpages seem to try to fill the whole 1024x768...I'm sure it's how the HTML is, but by using a frame, it forces the webpage to fit just right...you get the scrollbar for free, although for eye-candy maybe I'll force my frames to "noscroll" and use the method you mentioned).

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Has anyone ever worked out a back button? I have up down left and right. But the wife wants a back button.

Regards,
              CM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

a lot of work

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                I used the code supplied by djjcoleman, changed the pointer within to point to the page I wanted and then saved it to the HS HTML directory as xxxx.html. I then pointed the text property to that page and I got instant scroll bars so I was able to see the entire page as opposed to a piece of it. Makes me happy as a clam.
                Well this is a lot of work to do for something that should'e been part of HS touch. What are the chances that a web page will be tailored to the screen size of HSTouch device. This is basic and should be there.

RI2

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Nope, not mad at all maybe a little disappointed. It amazes me that users expect the help files to cover every aspect that HomeSeer could ever encounter. From HTML, to vb script, to vb.net scripting, to asp and aspx development, etc. HomeSeer is a tool to allow the use of these applications. The help files would be the size of an encyclopedia collection if all of this is covered. That's why this message board and help desk are provided. Also instead of users complementing the applications for allowing a diverse way of accomplishing a task they often complain that HST missed something in the help files. It get a bit old that's all.
                  Two things I think HS misses in their entirety:

1) I can't find ANYTHING regarding vb.net scripting as required by Homeseer 3.x... and is why I haven't done nearly as much with this program as I should have accomplished.... and I'm SURE I'm not the only one. Additionally, the HS position ASSUMES I even know what to Google for. It is like asking somebody trying to learn to read to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps by using a dictionary.

2) I tried to sell my HVAC installer on HS and he did some research(even phoning the Homeseer help desk) and installed CT-100s in my new system. It would be a wonderful thing for him to pursue and would lend competitive advantage over the other local installers and the systems they employ.... however, he was (as far as his business) entirely put off by the "hobbyist," "do-it-yourself" nature of the programming....(his words).

In less than a week, I will be retired and living nearly full time in the new house.... I'll then have the time to learn this complex and arcane process in the only convoluted manner seemingly available. I expect to succeed.... not everybody has the time.... and I would suspect that the number of potential customers walking away with their head spinning is legion. That is a lot of profit never realized.....

That's my $.02
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

HVAC

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                    Two things I think HS misses in their entirety:

2) I tried to sell my HVAC installer on HS and he did some research(even phoning the Homeseer help desk) and installed CT-100s in my new system. It would be a wonderful thing for him to pursue and would lend competitive advantage over the other local installers and the systems they employ.... however, he was (as far as his business) entirely put off by the "hobbyist," "do-it-yourself" nature of the programming....(his words).

That's my $.02
                    I did full HVAC integration. I have 6 HVAC zones and it was a challenge to run around the house to setup 6 thermostats. Everything is under HS control now. I'm using temperature sensors in each zone and set of relays under HS control connected to the HVAC. I even developed a propitiatory schematics to manage "heat" "cool" "fan only" with 2 relays only and no external circuitry. I also wrote some scripts. The only weak link in the system was HS 100 z-wave multi sensor (temp, motion, light). I have no words to express my frustration with these devices. I switched to long range temp/humidity wireless sensors that work well for about 2 months now.

RI2

Comment

Working...
                    X