This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable To Deploy With HSTouch

I created a project, but I am unable to deploy the changes for test. The Deploy menu item allows a click, but has no sub menu items. I am using HSTouch Server version: 0.0.0.27 and HSTouch Designer 0.0.50. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

The deploy menu is used for deploying to clients on a different computer that are connected to HS. If you are running it on the same computer then you just need to execute the client.

I would recommend that you run the latest betas for both the plugin and the software because they seem much improved to me.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am using the HS Client and HS Touch on the same system. When I click "Deploy", nothing happens. No error message and no status message indicating success. Any ideas why?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
        The deploy menu is used for deploying to clients on a different computer that are connected to HS. If you are running it on the same computer then you just need to execute the client.

I would recommend that you run the latest betas for both the plugin and the software because they seem much improved to me.
        Where do I get the latest betas? I downloaded the one listed in the sticky a few posts above ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I am using the HS Client and HS Touch on the same system. When I click "Deploy", nothing happens. No error message and no status message indicating success. Any ideas why?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          I have this happen from time to time. The Deploy menu is actually a hover menu with client names that appear to the right of the Deploy text. The designer gets this list from HS and sometimes the client isn't on there. I don't know why for certain, but every time it happens it appears that the connection from the client to HS is a bit wonky.

If you kill both the client and designer, relaunch the client (let it connect), go grab a beer, and then launch the designer then your odds go up that the deploy menu works per design.

Comment

There is no "Deploy" on a local computer to the designer it is only for remote computers. The local computer is considered deployed the minute you save the project.

If you are using a current version of the designer there is a menu entry for "run windows client". That is how you would test it on a local computer. If you are using an older version of the software simply execute the client from your local computer.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Where do I get the latest betas? I downloaded the one listed in the sticky a few posts above ...
              Sorry. You do have the latest betas.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
                There is no "Deploy" on a local computer to the designer it is only for remote computers. The local computer is considered deployed the minute you save the project.

If you are using a current version of the designer there is a menu entry for "run windows client". That is how you would test it on a local computer. If you are using an older version of the software simply execute the client from your local computer.
                Sorry, that's not quite correct.

I have a 2k3 terminal server that my CE touchscreens connect to via RDP. I also have the designer on there for a specific user (me). All clients are "local" to the designer machine and they all show up in the Deploy menu when it's working properly... even the client in the same session as the designer.

Comment

Originally posted by sacarino View Post
                  Sorry, that's not quite correct.

I have a 2k3 terminal server that my CE touchscreens connect to via RDP. I also have the designer on there for a specific user (me). All clients are "local" to the designer machine and they all show up in the Deploy menu when it's working properly... even the client in the same session as the designer.
                  You may be right. I normally don't already have my local client running and thus I wouldn't see it under a deploy. I will try it tonight when I get home.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

There is also a bug where the designer does not "see" any of the clients that were started before it.

So, start the designer, then restart all clients and you should be able to deploy.

Hopefully, this will be resolved prior to release. If not, then I see this as an outstanding issue. Maybe I am the only one that sees this?
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I don't know what to say ... Even with HomeSeer shutdown, I click "Deploy" or "Connect" and nothing happens. I would expect some type of error like "could not deploy" or "could not connect". I get nothing.

Comment

This has been a problem for me for a long time and was reported over 2 months ago. Stopping and restarting will *sometimes* fix the problem but not always.

Last night I got it to work by clicking on the "connect" option in the menu, even though it was supposed to be connected already. That made it work once, but then it stopped.

Comment

Marcus - The connection bug is not specifically caused by running the designer after the clients have been connected. I've been deploying remotely for months and usually don't have problems with this. If I do have a problem, restarting the client or restarting HomeSeer itself usually fixes things. We do acknowledge the problem and it's been a headscratcher for a while but we are still working on it and will get it licked as soon as we can recreate it with some consistency.

Randy - Dumb question but... did you go into the client options and set the connection to point to your HomeSeer system? Client options are accessed by clicking on the 'hot spot' in the upper right hand corner of th client. If the client options are not set, you won't be able to deploy.

Here's what the deploy menu looks like. In this example, one client is on the local network and one is connected via the internet.
                          Attached Files
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, I'll use a sniffer for diagnostics the next time I get the error.
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Any word on deploy bug fix?

I have the same problem. I deployed with no problem; then added actions to buttons on a screen that was just deployed. When I tried to deploy the changed screens, the deploy menu item didn't have the > next to it for selecting the client.

At first I thought it had to do with the client/HS computer using an older version of Touch, but that hypothesis failed the test.

I just restarted the designer computer and deploy is now working properly; for the time being.

Sometimes it feels like a nut, sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X