Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have had several instances where a client is no longer visible to deploy to, and a restart of designer was the solution. Don't see a pattern why this occasionally happens.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
      There is no "Deploy" on a local computer to the designer it is only for remote computers. The local computer is considered deployed the minute you save the project...
      Definetly not true. I do this all of the time. The local designer pc and run the client from that same pc which is not the HS server. This is how I perform my local testing prior to deploying to my test touch screen. It runs a lot faster. The local client does not reload the xml file without being told to do so. If it supossed to then there is a bug as it has never worked that way for me.

Ultrajones, the released HSTouch server is in the updater and the client/designer should be upgradeable from within your current designer. Also for me atleast the clients need to be attached prior to running the designer, sometimes you can click the Red/Green connect circle button and the clients will then be listed.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        I also have had several instances where a client is no longer visible to deploy to, and a restart of designer was the solution. Don't see a pattern why this occasionally happens.
        Did you upgrade to the 1.0.0.6 release yet? I believe this issue was correct (once and for all?) in this version. I upgraded and have not seen the problem since.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Did you upgrade to the 1.0.0.6 release yet? I believe this issue was correct (once and for all?) in this version. I upgraded and have not seen the problem since.
          What I've found is that v1.0.0.6 actually deploys v.1.0.0.5 to my winCE Albatron. After a few hours, the designer can't see the winCE unit anymore, yet the unit can still control HS functions. So, hsTouch server is still in "touch" with it.
          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I posted in HSTouch Bugs Thread that this was solved with 1.0.0.6, thanks!
            Last edited by mwaite; May 23, 2009, 04:18 PM. Reason: added quote
            Mike

Comment

Well, I reinstalled HsTouch after letting it mature a bit. I am running HSTouch version 1.0.48 and still cannot deploy changes! I tried restarting both HsTouch designer and HomeSeer and still cannot deploy. What is the secret?

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                Well, I reinstalled HsTouch after letting it mature a bit. I am running HSTouch version 1.0.48 and still cannot deploy changes! I tried restarting both HsTouch designer and HomeSeer and still cannot deploy. What is the secret?

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Is this in the apple client...I take it its connected with HS and still does not come up in the deploy menu? I've never had a problem with this happening, sometimes if the designer has been open and I then connect the client I have to wait for a few seconds before the deploy menu has a side menu (if this makes sense).

If nothing else a re-install of the designer?

Comment

If you started with a provided template I assume you saved it as a new name like ultra_iPhone and ultra_iPad

You will have problems if you change the originals and use the same name.

That said perhaps specifics would help for example do you get refusal logs in HS? If so what do they say. If not what ip address and port are you pointing you iDevices to? In the device main settings you define ip address and default port of 10200. It won't work at 80 or whatever you web based HS is set to.

I created a special account for the HSTouch devices and set them in that same settings screen on my devices.

Initially I just pointed the default project to point to HS server ip addr with default hstouch server port of 10200. Once I got connection established deploying project worked as long as the designer could also connect to HS using those same credentials and ip addr and port.

Pretend the web server is off when thinking of deployments and it gets easier.

Any of this helpful?
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Possible Solution

I had the same problem. Then I discovered the Client needs to be running on the computer to which you want to deploy.

I use designer on my "main" computer then deploy to the HS Server and Touch Tablet. When I tried to redeploy after moving I couldn't select any devices. That is when I remembered the client had to be running in order to deploy.

Now that I can deploy it doesn't always "find" all of the graphics. I tried playing around with folders, but still have to move deployed pages to correct folder, once I figure out what that is.

Comment

Originally posted by vegascat View Post
                      I had the same problem. Then I discovered the Client needs to be running on the computer to which you want to deploy.

I use designer on my "main" computer then deploy to the HS Server and Touch Tablet. When I tried to redeploy after moving I couldn't select any devices. That is when I remembered the client had to be running in order to deploy.

Now that I can deploy it doesn't always "find" all of the graphics. I tried playing around with folders, but still have to move deployed pages to correct folder, once I figure out what that is.
                      I found that if you add tracking images they don't automatically get copied from their source to the HS project image path. As a solution, I always first add these images by setting the image path of the the device to these graphics, which will copy the images to the HS project image path, then remove the image path of the device and add that images back into the tracking images section. (hope that made sense)
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by vegascat View Post
                        That was it. I could click the deploy menu item, but nothing would happen (no error or warning of any kind). I turned on my iPad and a sub-menu appeared. I am now able to deploy to my iPad client. Thank you
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm trying to deploy an HS Touch control panel to my cell phone, and it suddenly wants me to create a log.txt.file. I've seen this before, and could simply press the hot key "create one" with no further difficulty. Now it suddenly won't deploy (to either my cell or tablet) after this screen appears. The program freezes at this point.
                          I've tried to create a simple text file to save in this location, and been told "you don't have permission to save in this location." How do I run HS Touch designer as an administrator, and will this fix the problem? I've never had this issue before (in a year) and it suddenly started happening.
                          Any ideas?
                          thanks,
                          Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X