This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you launch another app from within HSTouch

Can you launch another app from within HSTouch? I am thinking about trying to implement HSTouch, but can you launch another app from within HSTouch or setup a window toggle to switch between 2 apps? I would like to use my current graphical frontend for my media stuff and HSTouch for all my automation control.
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

I was interested in this capability too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
      Can you launch another app from within HSTouch? I am thinking about trying to implement HSTouch, but can you launch another app from within HSTouch or setup a window toggle to switch between 2 apps? I would like to use my current graphical frontend for my media stuff and HSTouch for all my automation control.
      You can.
      If you add a button and then edit the "ActionWhenPressed"
      Here you just select the actiontype "Launch Application" and type in the path for the app.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrunner View Post
        You can.
        If you add a button and then edit the "ActionWhenPressed"
        Here you just select the actiontype "Launch Application" and type in the path for the app.
        If the application is already launched, will continued pressing of this button launch new copies or bring up the existing copy? I'm hoping it will just bring up the existing copy waiting on the taskbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spock View Post
          If the application is already launched, will continued pressing of this button launch new copies or bring up the existing copy? I'm hoping it will just bring up the existing copy waiting on the taskbar.
          I haven't tested but i would think it would launch a new copy of the app.

Comment

That is dependent on the app being launched. It will run the app if not running, but if the app allows multiple copies to be ran, then you will have just that, multiple copies. You might also have to minimize HST to see your app, this can be done with the same button action..
            -Skybolt

Comment

This brings to light another GREAT feature of HSTouch.

If you have the cursor turned off for HST and launch an application on top of, IE8, your crusor comes back!

All the other systems I have used the cursor was either always on or always off no matter what application you were in.

Thanks
              Ty

Comment

It could be interesting to run an application in an hstouch frame...
                For example I need it to run video ip citophone application within hstouch without exit from main interface
                Any idea?

Comment

If it is a windows machine it might be worth looking at Jon00's Remote Control Client Network Monitor package (RCCNM) as this allows you to remotely control clients including open / close apps or processes, minimize, maxamize, WOL, shutdown / sleep / hibernate etc.
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by gianbevi View Post
                    It could be interesting to run an application in an hstouch frame...
                    For example I need it to run video ip citophone application within hstouch without exit from main interface
                    Any idea?
                    When you launch the application it will launch over the top of HSTouch, I doubt it will look that neat. I don't know what sort of application this is but if it has some sort of IP camera stream you might be able to get that into HSTouch if you have documentation for it.

Comment

If it's a Windows client, you can use an AutoHotKey script to see if the app is already running and then either launch it or bring its window to the top. You'd have HSTouch launch the AHK script, then the script does what's appropriate.

Here's an example of doing that with Internet Explorer, having IE open to a specific URL if it's not already running. I use this to have an event open an IE window to my Blue Iris video server. You'd replace the info in the IfWinExist line with the name of the window that your app uses. There's a tool in AHK called Window Spy to help you determine what that is.
                      Code:
                      ;
                      ; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
                      ; Language:       English
                      ; Platform:       Windows
                      ; Author:         ITguyHS
                      ;
                      ; Script Function: If Internet Explorer is running, activate the window, otherwise, start IE
                      ;                  to the Blue Iris url
                      ;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
                      SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
                      SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

IfWinExist Blue Iris Remote View - Windows Internet Explorer
                      {
                      	WinActivate, Blue Iris Remote View - Windows Internet Explorer
                      	Exit
                      }

Run, "c:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://192.168.1.90:8000/"
                      Exit
                      Hope that's helpful.

Fred
                      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thank-you Fred. Great idea!

I do that today with VLC via command line and HSTouch buttons for radio stations. I use one command line via HSTouch to launch and one to kill. I also utilize Jon00's remote control application for similiar stuff.

A while back did build an HSTouch screen (just one) with buttons on the left side; then I launched a movie or whatever on the right side using custom VLC commands. It was sort of kludgy. On the linux machine playing with exiting HSTouch and launching XBMC or Squeezeplayer and vice versa. Works with Wintel too.

A while back did test a softphone running in wintel or linux talking to another touchscreen and with asterisk running on another touchscreen (just to see if it worked). Worked fine.

The little touchscreens I use have microphones. I can also get the DECT chips to talk to the DECT phones but only in the Ayava flash based OS; nothing else yet....
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok but I don't want to launch application...
                          I'd like to have it running in an hstouch's screen's frame

Comment

I don't think you will be able to do by the very nature of how windows forms applications are made, the application will launch on top of hstouch. What is the application you are trying to run, do you have a screenshot?

Comment

Yeah; you cannot run it inside of an HSTouch frame...well I can't with HSTouch HS2 versions.

You can though build a page and size it such that its only to one side of the screen and run the application autonomously on the other side of the screen.

Personally (my opinion from playing) is a kludgy way (awkward) to do this.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X