This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show last Change

I have a couple of devices showing in HST that I would like to show the last time there was a change, darn if I can figure out how to do that. Is there a way to show the info for that from the device in HST?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

you might be able to create an event if the device changes to any status and for the action write to the log
    hs.WriteLog "Change", "device just changed status"

Stuart

Comment

Either I'm missing what you're saying or I wasn't clear with my question, I'll try again.

I have devices in HSTouch that show on or off for different family members coming and going. That part works fine. In the HomeSeer device pages there is a column for "Last Change" that changes the date and time each time there is a change to the device. I'm looking for a way to show that date and time in HSTouch so I would know who was out and what time they left or what time they got in.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

no, you're not missing anything. I missed it. And I started looking at it again and I dont see how to do this yet. I'll keep looking.
        Stuart

Comment

You should be able to use this call to get this infor using the scripting function
          hs.DeviceLastChange(code)
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The scripting will give you a value, but the problem is to get this automatically on the screen as a status of a device.
            (You don't want to run a button to trigger a script for the update)

Comment

You don't need to trigger anything in HsTouch to get the LastChange status of a device. Just add [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceLastChange("A1")] in the Text field of a text box, where A1 is the code of your device.

Comment

Brilliant! works like a charm.

Thanks!

Comment

great, I'll be trying this as soon as I can get to the designer. Thanks everyone.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

$Script

I am trying to create a button which will show the Status - taken from the device string and the last change time. I can get the string to work, but I cannot get a space inbetween the two results so it looks messy

I am using : [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("D17")&hs.DeviceLastChange("D17")]

can anyone advise how to get a space in between the two results?

Is it possible to use the $SCRIPT as the alternate text when using the Status Images Editor?

Comment

Originally posted by richardo View Post
                      I am using : [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("D17")&hs.DeviceLastChange("D17")]
                      Richardo,

Try [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("D17") & " " & hs.DeviceLastChange("D17")] instead. That should do it. I am not at home, so I cannot test it.

I also gues you can use the same statement as alternate text. Never tried it though here.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Just use the Chr function in VB.NET. Just remeber to use the '&' character in front of it. Like this:

[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("D17")&Chr(32)&hs.DeviceLastChange( "D17")]

The number 32, is the ASCII value of a space.
                        Last edited by sigbjorn; September 28, 2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Siggi, thats fab - works a charm.
                          I have tried the same code in the Alt text associated with the tracking, but that does not work... any suggestions?

Comment

I have an iPhone 6+, and I'm\d like to modify one of the default iOS templates so that the last update time of each device will appear to the right of the device's status. I want to have this behavior for all devices. I can understand how this might be done if I had my own custom template. But I just want to change the default template to add the last update time for each device. I'm new to HSTouch Designer, and can't figure out how to do this (looked in forum and documentation/help text). CAn someone help suggest how this can be done?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                              I have an iPhone 6+, and I'm\d like to modify one of the default iOS templates so that the last update time of each device will appear to the right of the device's status. I want to have this behavior for all devices. I can understand how this might be done if I had my own custom template. But I just want to change the default template to add the last update time for each device. I'm new to HSTouch Designer, and can't figure out how to do this (looked in forum and documentation/help text). CAn someone help suggest how this can be done?
                              I don't think that can be done. The default template uses the Device Selector (which you can also add to a custom project). The Device Selector (and Event Selector) appears to be a fixed format, i.e. all you can do is add it to a project. I could be wrong, but this is my understanding.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X