This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons/Images Disappearing

All of a sudden, buttons and images are disappearing. Some pages the entire page of buttons. Technically the button is there, and I can click it, I just cant see it.

I saw some old threads about this, but nothing recently. Is this still a common bug? Is there a Beta update that fixes it?

Using:
    HS: 2.3.0.19
    HS Touch Plugin: 1.0.0.1
    HS Touch Designer/Client: 1.06

Thanks,
    Dave

Does this clear up if you resart the client? It sounds like another issue I'veread where the client is running out of memory.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Images not available

I have seen this based on where I have stored custom buttons. I am not sure where to put them anymore. In the HS Touch, My HS Touch Projects, Default/buttons, skins/default directory. If I put them in My HS Touch Projects/default/xxxx, the problem seems to clear up.

Comment

I made the mistake early on of browsing to a file location outside of HSTouch when adding images (I keep all my custom images in a working image dir elsewhere). HSTouch then says something like "going to copy the image to HSTouch location". Depending on which style I'm working with at that time (e.g. Blue Neon, Default, etc.), the image gets deposited in that folder. I'm left with all my images in several locations.

I found out that this approach does not work if you add Status Tracking images, HSTouch does not copy the images for you.

What this means is that I should have, and should start, manually copying my images into the HSTouch folder before adding them to the designer. Something I didn't think I would have to do if HSTouch can import them for you.
        Mike

Comment

Yes, there are definitely issues with placing graphics anywhere but on the 'designer' PC. See these two threads:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=611
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=612
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Had some resolution too this. Happened to do a full computer shutdown, and when it came back up, all was well.

Comment

Further Resolution

OK, now I actually did figure out the problem I was having.

I have been designing my HS touch screens on 2 differenct computers (other than the HSTouch/homeseer server)

Well, one was correctly pulling images from a network share on the server, the other was not. Everything worked fine as long as the incorrectly configured server was online. But if it was offline, then my images would disappear. Finally tied the two events together. Fixed all the mislocated images in HSTouch designer, and now all is well.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
              X