This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official list (spreadsheet) of bugs and requests

I was wondering if there would be a possibility and willingness from HS team to set a special page on HS Support website where we can log our requests for HST (and maybe for any other products) and also see what was logged already and what was done with the requests.
    Users then can increase number of "votes" by the particular request they want or by the bug they've seen.
    Frankly, to read 639 + 271 posts and try to sort what was reported / requested and what was done with that is quite cumbersome.

PLEASE

Marty

I second this request.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Geee, I thought that would be a good idea, but apparently people like to read 10000000.. pages over and over.

Comment

That would be great, currently I can't figure out what is being worked on or possibly added.

StevenE
        Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

What is puzzling is that this thread has 188 views (in this second) and no one would join us in this request...
          What is wrong with that picture????

Comment

Originally posted by stevene View Post
            That would be great, currently I can't figure out what is being worked on or possibly added.

StevenE
            I would also like to see a list. There does not appear to be much going on with HSTouch.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
              What is puzzling is that this thread has 188 views (in this second) and no one would join us in this request...
              Yeah, it would be excellent to have a central repository of bugs for us users... I realize the HS guys have their view via the help desk, but it would be nice to know before I report an issue that it's already being worked on. I won't report existing issues if I know about them, but sifting through a forum thread with several hundred posts always seemed ... inefficient.

Comment

Ditto, I would like to post some issue's I have with HS/Touch but Im afraid I'll get blasted for not searching the crap out of it first.
                John

Comment

It would be great to have what you are suggesting, but if 188 viewed this and didn't comment, then it seems that most everyone is OK with things the way they are (I am).

Maintaining a list like this is a lot of work, it could mean HST having to add at least one more full time person. I don't see that happening (and the demand doesn't seem to be there).

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                    Maintaining a list like this is a lot of work, it could mean HST having to add at least one more full time person.
                    That's one way to do it, I suppose. Personally, I'd hook into the existing database for the help desk app and have a searchable form that returns items for HSTouch and a filter for open/in-work/resolved as well as version.

Comment

Originally posted by bdhall View Post
                      I would also like to see a list. There does not appear to be much going on with HSTouch.

Brian
                      I dare to respectfully disagree. The HS team is working on IPhone and Linux portions. I do believe they have their hands full, so a list like that might make their life easier. We use similar think in our D&D department to track bugs and feature requests for our systems. More people reports same bug - it goes on top of the list. Same for the requested features.

Comment

Originally posted by sacarino View Post
                        That's one way to do it, I suppose. Personally, I'd hook into the existing database for the help desk app and have a searchable form that returns items for HSTouch and a filter for open/in-work/resolved as well as version.
                        I tried to start with something simple..
                        Agree, a support online database is a way to go, but usually requires a great deal of work to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                          It would be great to have what you are suggesting, but if 188 viewed this and didn't comment, then it seems that most everyone is OK with things the way they are (I am).
                          Bill
                          Well, apparently you have a lot of time on your hands and are able to re-read the pages over and over, or great memory to remember all the bugs and what was done for them.
                          I don't have either. Sorry....

Comment

I dare to respectfully disagree. The HS team is working on IPhone and Linux portions. I do believe they have their hands full, so a list like that might make their life easier. We use similar think in our D&D department to track bugs and feature requests for our systems. More people reports same bug - it goes on top of the list. Same for the requested features.
                            Guys - We already have software-driven internal system for tracking and managing bugs and feature requests. Rich is monitoring these threads for new bugs and requests and is parsing them into our system as they come in. We simply don't have the time or resources to generate and maintain a parallel spreadsheet of the data for public display. Sorry
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not sure, but maybe the community feels that the bug list should be public and maybe they feel that we should be allowed to vote for which get addressed and when.

This could be a money making situation for HomeSeer as HST could charge $$$ for which get addressed when...
                              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                              X