X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing wrong??

I followed the help and

1) Drag a text element to your screen and click on the "StatusTrackingNormal" button, the Element Associations dialog will display. Check the "Use the same for Normal/Pressed, select "HomeSeer Devices" for the Normal Association Type

Select "Use Status Image" then click OK to close the dialog.

Set the properties of your Text elelment as follows:

Your Text element will now use the status of the HomeSeer device as its background image and will look like this

Till now it works OK.

Then I assign 2 images from graphic folder for ON and OFF and...NOTHING. Still the original HS image.

I feel there has to be the "DUH!" somewhere..

Marty,

Is the device you are using depending on its status or its value fields?
    You might likt to test on value instead of status.

Confusing me too every now and then.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

It sounds like you did it all correctly. I think, like w.vuyk that it's going to depend on what it's trying to match, status or value. I've found that HST likes matching values a lot better than status for somethings, why I can't tell you.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

It's a virtual device that I set ON and OFF with event based on phone being OFF the hook or ON the hook. The device text is changing correctly so I know the HST is seeing the change, but there is still the little black target icon. When I tried to use image frame instead the text frame, there is NO image at all.

Comment

I know this is going to sound weird but instead of using a text box and then going for the graphic try it this way.

Use an image box, directly drag a graphic to your page. (it almost doesn't matter what graphic at this point)

Set the association like you did before to use your device.

Now go to the collection area and set the graphic you want to use for on/off

I just tried it and it works here.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Do you mean drag the graphic icon into the image box?
            I tried to drag the graphic icon to my page and the picture is visible. As soon as I change it to track the HS device, the image would disappear. I set the collection to the same image I drag on the page and nothing.

Comment

You don't have to drag an image box. just a graphic, any graphic you have.

Drag an image, it wasn't even the image i was going to use. Then I set the tracking to the device I wanted. The graphic you pulled out there should disappear at this point.

Then open up the "collections" and set what you want the graphic to be for on, then add another and set the graphic to what represents off. press OK and you're done. While still in the designer try turning on the device and click on the graphic box, do the same while it's off. That "should" show you the different graphics you set in the collections box.

The only other thing you may have to do is set it to use stretched as opposed to normal, depending on size of the graphic you choose.

You won't really see the results correctly until you bring it up in a project. It's hard to get it in the designer itself.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Well, I'll try again tonight. We shall see........

Comment

Well, it works when I track regular device (lamp). As soon as I assign the virtual device, the image changes back to that stupid black target.
                  Ideas???
                  Attached Files

Comment

Marty,

Try to change the matchstatus to matchvalue. Use value 2 for on, 3 for off, etc. I really think this device is not using status for its settings?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hello Wim,
                      I actually figured it out yesterday with Nightwalker's help. The problem was that I changed the status text. Instead default On/Off, I had my set to "Phone is OFF the hook" and "Phone is "ON" the hook". I t5hought that this will ONLY change the text by the device, but in internally the status remains On/Off. Apparently that is not the case. As soon as I reverted back to default On/Off the icon is HST started working again.
                      Lesson learned - Don't change your text in HS, change it in HST.

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
                        Hello Wim,
                        I actually figured it out yesterday with Nightwalker's help. The problem was that I changed the status text. Instead default On/Off, I had my set to "Phone is OFF the hook" and "Phone is "ON" the hook". I t5hought that this will ONLY change the text by the device, but in internally the status remains On/Off. Apparently that is not the case. As soon as I reverted back to default On/Off the icon is HST started working again.
                        Lesson learned - Don't change your text in HS, change it in HST.

Marty
                        Marty,

That one I recognise too... Had that lesson and forgot it again. It would be nice if HST could make those differences easier to recognise, on the website as well as HSTouch. It keeps confusing me
                        Good it is solved now!

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Comment

SOLVED...

I first had to creat a Virtual Device that I called "Alarm Status" and I set all the values 0 to 9 to the same values of the EnvisaLink EVL3:

Partitions
                            Not Ready = 0
                            Ready = 1
                            Armed Away = 2
                            In Alarm = 3
                            Busy = 4
                            Ready - Force Arming Enabled = 5
                            Armed Stay = 6
                            Armed Away - Zero Entry Delay = 7
                            Armed Stay - Zero Entry Delay = 8
                            Armed Away or Stay – Exit Delay Active = 9

Then I created an EVENT called Alarm Status as an "Priority event (does not queue)" and the Trigger I set to "Device Status Change" with the Device set to "Alarm EnvisaLink Partion 1" and the Status to "Set Any Status"

For the Event Action I choose "Run Script" and with the following code:

Code:
                            Sub Main
                            hs.SetDeviceValue "z99",(hs.DeviceValue("`1"))
                            End Sub
                            Here you need to change the "z99" with your Virtual Device's code and the "`1" with what every the EnvisaLink Plugin assigns to your DSC Alarms Partition Status. These just happen to be the ones on my system.

Now the Status Imahe in HSTouch updates as the Alarm Status changes... From Ready to Exit Now to Armed Stay after the exit delay...

If anyone has a better idea, please let me know... I'm not sure this is the most efficient way, but finally my images are changing with the status.

Comment

Working...
                            X