This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want playlists.. is that hard?

After 6 hours of trying every combination of things I could try I cannot get the music player in HSTouch to default to PLAYLISTS in the Music Selector and STAY on playlists!!

I got Genre, Artist, Album and Tracks, I have deleted ANY reference to those in my music page and still they come back..

I spent 4 hours creating 100`s of playlists just so I can use this thing and still it is being a tart!!

Can anyone help me before it gets launched out the window.. I really am ********** off now..

TrOjAn

I so hate playlists!
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Me too but its the ONLY option apparently, artists, genre, album and tracks is just a mess.. so I generated a load of playlists as apparently the plugin uses playlists and I cant get it to display them..

In the selector box Ive tried adding a filter for playlist, setting it to playlist and any other I can find and it just defaults back to something else..

Glad I didnt pay for this one!! this just gets more frustrating the more you try to use it.

TrOjAn

Comment

Were the playlists created with HS or some other way? I have found that the Media player will not see my playlists created with anything other than the HS Playlist editor, yet it will play them (m3u files) with scripting commands. The problem I have is that it reads the m3u file for the mp3 file, then reads the mp3 file for the song title, and starts to play the first appearance of that song, not the actual mp3 file listed in the m3u file! So I end up hearing a different song by a different artist or it could be the right artist, but wrong album! I was hoping to report this on the priority support when I purchased the HSPRO upgrade, but I still don't have access to the paid support and I haven't gotten any answers in the forum post either.

Comment

TrOjAn, I don't want to sound like Rupp, LOL
          But what versions of stuff are you using?
          I see none of the problems you're having. I use WMP-9.00.00.3250, HSMediaPlugin-2.4.0.24, HSTouch-1.0.0.6
          I made all my playlists with the Windows Media Player, not the playlist editor in HS.
          I have a combo of .wma and .mp3 files making up my playlists.
          HST always displays my playlists, "unless" I click on another button to change the selection box to albums or tracks. I also have buttons to narrow down the alphabet. ie 0-E, F-K, ect.

Maybe this may help or not.(?)
          If you want examples of my HST files let me know.

Tim
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fungun; September 22, 2009, 05:18 PM.
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Tim, sure Id love to see your example files, if only to learn, it drove me mad going round and round... my playlists are all m3u files and sure, they are fine...

Apart from being unable to get the file list to show ONLY playlists for some reason WMP insists on making extra playlists which is mental, 5 star 4 star this week last week just added etc etc.. I just wanted my playlists.

Anyway, if you care to share trojan at uktrash dot org

TrOjAn

Comment

Yea, I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of those "extras" playlist WMP adds in.
              Will send them.

Tim
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

OK, I think this would work. At present, the music selector list is coded to default to "Artists". If you always want it to display "playlists" instead, when you change to your music screen, you can add and action to the button that changes the view to the music screen.

So, Action "0" changes to the music screen
                Action "1" sets the music selector to display "playlists"

Note: This will not work if the music screen is your default screen.
                Attached Files
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mark, thanks for the reply but I have gone back to another player...

What you have in the screen grab is what I had except not iTunes but mediaplayer..

Alas, it would not do it OR if it did as soon as I clicked anywhere in the file list it returned to artist.

Apart form the music issue its going pretty well so Im still happy I upgraded, the touchscreen in the kitchen is actually being used now

TrOjAn

Comment

Hmmm... I just tried it with iTunes and it's working fine. Not sure where the glitch is. But, if you'd got it sorted out some other way, OK.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Playlists are not working in the JRMC plugin at all.
                      John

Comment

FunGun, love your LCARS screens

Comment

Working...
                        X