Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control devices from anoption screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control devices from anoption screen?

In my main lighting screen you can toggle the devices on and off by pressing the button with the corresponding name. When you want more options to control the device you press the "options" button next to it. A pop up windows appears with the options.

I don't want to make a options screen for every device I control, (about 30 lights at the moment)

What I would like is that when I press the options button and the screen pops up, it 'knows' which device to control. To do this I wrote a script that fills a virual device with the 'device ref' of the the device which is to be controlled.

The big question is how to tell the buttons in the options screen that they need to control or track that certain device. (also a slider)

Any ideas how to do this "simple"

Thanks,
    Attached Files

I'd be interested to know if you can do this aswell, albeit I think it will be difficult. I don't think you can alter an elements properties at runtime...I presume this is what you need to do.

I'm just thinking could you save the device it needs to control in an ini file, then the new screen shows up...using the "Run a HomeSeer script with values from elements(s)" you pass the sliders value back to the script, the script takes the deviceref out of the ini file, then controls the device using this ref no?

Comment

Working...
    X