Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling multiple devices with one Slider - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could probably clean that code up to use a function call for testing and setting each item. I was in a hurry when I wrote it. Got it working for one and copied it for the rest. Would probably look like this (UNTESTED!):

Code:
    Sub Main(Parms As Object)
    '  hs.writelog("Parameter Test",CInt(Parms(0)))

'Ceiling Fan
    	TestSet("Ceiling Fan Light Selector", "Ceiling Fan Light")

'Fireplace Outside Cans
    	TestSet("HSTouch -Fireplace Outside Cans Selector", "Fireplace Outside Lights")

'Fireplace Inside Cans
    	TestSet("Fireplace Inside Lights", "HSTouch -Fireplace Inside Cans Selector")

'Entrance Light
    	TestSet("Entrance Light @ Door", "HSTouch - Foyer Selector")

'Light Outside Powder Room
    	TestSet("Light Outside Powder Room", "HSTouch - Light Outside Powder Room Selector")

'Stairs Light
    	TestSet("HSTouch - Stairs Light Selector","Main Stairs Lights @ Top of Steps")

End Sub

Sub TestSet(byRef Selector as String, byRef Device as String)

Dim SelectorRef As Integer
    Dim DevRef As Integer

'Get the Device References
    	SelectorRef = hs.GetDeviceRefByName(Selector)
    	DevRef = hs.GetDeviceRefByName(Device)

'Set the Device Value if the Device Selector is selected.
    	If hs.IsOn (SelectorRef) then
    		hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(DevRef,false,CInt(Parms(0)),false,true))
    	end if

End Sub
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I could have cleaned that script up a bit but was in a hurry when I wrote it. See this thread for an untested version. If what I am after there is possible, you may find the final answer helpful.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

CAPI Replacement Script

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        I could probably clean that code up to use a function call for testing and setting each item. I was in a hurry when I wrote it. Got it working for one and copied it for the rest. Would probably look like this (UNTESTED!)
        I will give this a test to see if it works. On one set of sliders I eliminated the selectors entirely and just used the command. (If I stare at code long enough I can figure out enough to be dangerous)

One issue I am finding with this set-up is that the slider is sending multiple setpoints to the devices while sliding it to the desired level. In the log I will have 4 pages of device control commands sent to the devices sliding it from 0% to 65%. It then takes the devices forever to process all the commands and get to the desired level. I have the 'Track Realtime' setting on the slider set to False in HSTouch but it continues to do it.

Another issue I have is that I cannot dim my lights all the way down to 0% or up to 100%. It seems 5%-94% is my range if I'm using the master slider.

Comment

First, be sure to see my code at the linked thread as the untested code I provided does not pass the slider's value. The code there is closer to working, but still untested. Also, in that thread, a way was given to include a second file for the sub function. This allows you to have that portion of the code used for multiple scripts.

I did some testing and created a thread about slider increments. It appears there is no good way to increment the slider. It could be done in the code with something to only pass values when the passed value is divisible by a given number (i.e. 5 for increments of 5). I am disappointed that HSTouch won't increment the values by a defined amount. Another option, which I mentioned in that thread, would be to create a virtual device with values at increments and track that device. But I would have more virtual devices than actual if I kept using that band-aide to make things work. You may be OK with that, though.

I also noticed that the values don't like going to 0 or 100. There is a video on Complex Sliders which allow for an On/Off button setting the value to 0 or 100
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

Working...
          X