This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying a web site in HSTouch problem

I am displaying a couple of web site pages in HS touch such as live train times, no problem displaying the page except it does not fit, and thats my problem.

How, if it is possible, display scroll bars on the web page?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Create a new HTML page with an iFrame that's src is your current page. Then size the iFrame to the desired size and it will have scroll bars.
    Change http://www.yahoo.com to your url you are currently using.
    Like this:
    PHP Code:
    <html>
    <
    body>
    <
    iframe src="http://www.yahoo.com" width="700px" height="500px" scrolling="auto"> </iframe>
    </
    body>
    </
    html
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Rupp.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        I am displaying a couple of web site pages in HS touch such as live train times, no problem displaying the page except it does not fit, and thats my problem.

How, if it is possible, display scroll bars on the web page?
        You can also use a sllider to control the vertical scrolling. On a touchscreen the slider is easier to use.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
          You can also use a sllider to control the vertical scrolling. On a touchscreen the slider is easier to use.
          I have it working using Rupps suggestion, but like the idea of a slider, but, how do you link the slider to the web page?

I have a horrible feeling this is going to be a simple answer.
          sigpic

Comment

Create the slider
            Select ActionsWhenSelect
            In the Action Editor
            Add Current Action
            Action Type: Elements: Adjust an Element's level down
            Element: select the element that contains the Url
            Value: Im using 10
            I also have a button above and below the slider that move it a value of 100 up and one for down.
            John

Comment

John, works great, thanks I would never have thought of using a slider.
              sigpic

Comment

I have also been trying to display a webpage in HSTouch. Thanks for the iframe suggestion
                that works fine.

my next problem is that I am trying to display a page that requires a UID/password. Is there any way to set up HSTouch to do that automatically, or would have to manually put that in each time?
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
                  I have also been trying to display a webpage in HSTouch. Thanks for the iframe suggestion
                  that works fine.

my next problem is that I am trying to display a page that requires a UID/password. Is there any way to set up HSTouch to do that automatically, or would have to manually put that in each time?
                  Hmm, I would surmise the only way to do that is using a cookie, and apart prom this BBS I do not believe HS supports that option.

Sorry yes it does. Jon00 used that method in hos BBC Werther script at one point.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
                    that works fine.

would somthing like RoboForm work for the password page?

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a screen that will display a web page on my itouch. it looks perfect in the designer but when I deploy it to my itouch all I get is a white screen with the link...

the link is http://accuweather.com/m/en-us/NAM/U.../Forecast.aspx

can someone please help me?

Comment

I've got the same problem on my iPhone... does it mean that it is not supported ?

I know it is not supported on Windows CE - only on standard Windows.

Comment

I am having the same problem, can't see a reason why it wouldn't work!
                          Mike

Comment

Has anyone gotten a web page to display correctly on the Iphone / Itouch client?

Comment

I've only had luck displaying rss feed content with embedded html. (like woot's rss feed)

Perhaps that's the work-around until it is functional in the iPhone version?
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                              X