X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and IR, how about repeating keys

Hi,

I'm using Homeseer + HStouch and and IRTrans LAN Controller. I'm aiming to replace my pronto setup with HSTouch.

Sadly the IR intergration is rather poorly. I have to send my IR commands with one line scripts like &hs.sendir "TV,Pwr"

This seems to work fine, except that it's very laggy. Rapidly pressing keys on my ipod touch seems to hang the HSTouch client for a while. This can be very anoying especially for the volume controls.

In the homeseer demo video of the BC4 you can see HSTouch with a repeating volume control. How is this possible? HSTouch doens't support repeating commands? Right?

Does somebody know how to do this? Or is this Homeseer black magic?

What hardware are you running HSTouch on? My volume button sends commands real fast.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm running HSTouch on my ipod touch 2g. My iphone has the same laggyness. I run homeseer on an dual CPU Xeon 5520 server. So resources should not be the problem.

I use other services like Voip over my WIFI connection without problems. My accespoint is within a 6 meter range.

Comment

Originally posted by bartdesign View Post
        In the homeseer demo video of the BC4 you can see HSTouch with a repeating volume control. How is this possible? HSTouch doens't support repeating commands? Right?

Does somebody know how to do this? Or is this Homeseer black magic?
        This is actually BC4 "black magic". The BC4 is the only IR controller (that I'm aware of) that can send continuous, as well as pulsed IR commands. Here's how it works:
        1. Just set the "ActionsWhenPressed" property of the VOL UP button to the "continuous IR" command for vol up (for the device you're controlling).
        2. Now set the "ActionsWhenReleased" property of the VOL UP button to the "cancel continuous IR" for vol up. Be sure to set the "HonorAllReleases" property to true to prevent maxing out the volume, should you slide off the button instead of releasing it cleanly.
        3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the volume down button.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the respons. I'm hoping this we'll be supported in the IRtrans plugin aswell.

Comment

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Is this possible when using the GC-100 controller?

Comment

Working...
            X