Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iviewer and Homeseer integration.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Iviewer and Homeseer integration.....

    I managed to get Iviewer to talk to Homeseer and it seems to be a great inexpensive setup "free" if you only are using 2 pages. It loads so fast, I still use HSTouch but on an Ipod, Iphone or Ipad using them as a remote is much faster in Iviewer. Any interest?
    John

    #2
    How did you do that? Iviewer is great. I can get them to talk to eachother, but only through eventghost and command line batch files. It works, but is a pain and is limited. I can only do one way communicaton that way. Can you get HS to send things like time and weather to iviewer?

    Comment


      #3
      I thought you would be first. I have been watching all your posts about connection issues, same problems here. When you mentioned Iviewer I checked it out and was impressed with it's speed and stability, I did alot of searching and found this http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/iServer/iServer.htm it uses the xAP plugin for Homeseer (MCSxAP Hybrid), the iserver software in the link and another xAP hub (xFx-Express Hub). The hub is installed as a service that takes control of the right port and handles xAP traffic, you never see this it just has to start first, the Iviewer talks to IServer and then on the MCSxAP plugin in Homeseer. I created some virtual devices that show up in MCSxAP plugin and then those devices are exposed to the xAP network, then in Iserver you assign your joins to each device to match Iviewer. You are already way ahead if me with Iviewer, but it looks like this will allow alot of options with Iviewer controling Homeseer. I just got this working today, I'm sure there is alot of ways to integrate these together and xAP can do alot. When you load your setup from GUIDesigner you just change the project proprties to your Iserver IP and the xAP port, then after it's loaded on your Ipad you enter the password that you set in Iserver and turn off reload file. I got stuck installing and configuring everything last night and gave up, today it was easy. If you get stuck it is all fresh so hopefully I can help.
      John

      Oh yeah I am trying to get HSTouch to slide up a screen over my Media Center also I think it can be done and be really cool.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by lj502 View Post
        I thought you would be first. I have been watching all your posts about connection issues, same problems here. When you mentioned Iviewer I checked it out and was impressed with it's speed and stability, I did alot of searching and found this http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/iServer/iServer.htm it uses the xAP plugin for Homeseer (MCSxAP Hybrid), the iserver software in the link and another xAP hub (xFx-Express Hub). The hub is installed as a service that takes control of the right port and handles xAP traffic, you never see this it just has to start first, the Iviewer talks to IServer and then on the MCSxAP plugin in Homeseer. I created some virtual devices that show up in MCSxAP plugin and then those devices are exposed to the xAP network, then in Iserver you assign your joins to each device to match Iviewer. You are already way ahead if me with Iviewer, but it looks like this will allow alot of options with Iviewer controling Homeseer. I just got this working today, I'm sure there is alot of ways to integrate these together and xAP can do alot. When you load your setup from GUIDesigner you just change the project proprties to your Iserver IP and the xAP port, then after it's loaded on your Ipad you enter the password that you set in Iserver and turn off reload file. I got stuck installing and configuring everything last night and gave up, today it was easy. If you get stuck it is all fresh so hopefully I can help.
        John

        Oh yeah I am trying to get HSTouch to slide up a screen over my Media Center also I think it can be done and be really cool.
        Haha, wow....that is a lot more complex that I had thought it was going to be. Let me digest that all.

        About the second half, you wouldn't believe it, but I had that same idea a few weeks back. I even had a software developer implement it so that the screen would pop up and go away after some time. But there is a huge problem. In full screen mode, windows media center does not play nice and a couple of developers that were working on it could not figure it out. You may want to look at this video...

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgL4l7u7cV4

        But anyway, back to the topic. How difficult is this to implement? Possible to do a good write up with relevant screenshots? I wonder if this could be used with other HA systems?

        Comment


          #5
          Barry Gordon created a nice plugin for iviewer called iPadPAL that is for HS2. You can grab it here: http://www.the-gordons.net/homepage/...ad_Plugin.html

          I would love to see this plugin being ported to HS3.

          Best regard,
          iblis

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by iblis View Post
            Barry Gordon created a nice plugin for iviewer called iPadPAL that is for HS2. You can grab it here: http://www.the-gordons.net/homepage/...ad_Plugin.html

            I would love to see this plugin being ported to HS3.

            Best regard,
            iblis
            I checked with Barry and he has no plans to port his plugin to HS3. I will try the Xap route to integrate with iViewer. I have managed to get information from HS3 displayed in iViewer on my iPad, but not been able to control anythings from the iPad in HS3.

            Comment


              #7
              I would happily pay somebody do make a iviewer plugin for HS3. I tried the xap integration for a while, but it was too unreliable for everyday use. I now use DomotiGa as a secondary controller that has it's own Iviewer plugin. Not perfect, but it works.

              Comment


                #8
                Ditto on willingness to pay for Iviewer integration

                Comment


                  #9
                  I tried Xap and agree it is not reliable enough for day to day use.

                  I'm thinking about having a plugin written through Freelancer.com. It would be loosely based on the plugin from Barry meaning it would send UDP updates to iViewer when something in HS3 changes and that iViewer can connect through a TCP connection to HS3 sending commands.

                  I need to work out how this would need to happen, what info to share through UDP and how to control HS3. I'm thinking of having CAPI included in the plugin and just sending basic commands from Iviewer, where the plugin reworks these into CAPI format to be send to HS3.

                  Let me know if you have any other ideas that would require this to work.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Romac View Post
                    I tried Xap and agree it is not reliable enough for day to day use.



                    I'm thinking about having a plugin written through Freelancer.com. It would be loosely based on the plugin from Barry meaning it would send UDP updates to iViewer when something in HS3 changes and that iViewer can connect through a TCP connection to HS3 sending commands.



                    I need to work out how this would need to happen, what info to share through UDP and how to control HS3. I'm thinking of having CAPI included in the plugin and just sending basic commands from Iviewer, where the plugin reworks these into CAPI format to be send to HS3.



                    Let me know if you have any other ideas that would require this to work.

                    Roman, did you get any further with this project or was it a dead end?

                    As it stands today HSTouch is ok if you're only using it for a display on the wall that is always on, but it's absolutely useless as an app on your phone (iOS) when you open and close it multiple times a day. iViewer is lightning fast and never crashes or hangs when it starts and is perfect for the phone while with HSTouch i need to kill and relaunch the app almost every time I open it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The plug-in is never written. Homeseer has now the ability to be controlled through JSON commands. Feedback was always an issue as you got the feedback of the previous command. This can solved to listen to the ASCI feedback. I have found a plugin that transfers the ASCI feedback into JSON. The basis is working but it needs more work to be completed. Work and my new born son keep me from putting in the time to complete. Still work in progress...

                      Let me know if you are interested to get a copy of what I made.


                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X