This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving

how do you define the position of the HStouch application, Im wanting to buy a touch screen monitor and get HStouch running off that, but Im unable to move the program

Right-Click on the client, then select "Client Position..."
    Mike

Comment

yea but under client position what do I enter the values as for Top and Left

Comment

Originally posted by afmiller View Post
        yea but under client position what do I enter the values as for Top and Left
        This is the pixel value of the desktop. Expiriment a bit and you will see how it reacts. Try 200 and 200
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          This is the pixel value of the desktop. Expiriment a bit and you will see how it reacts. Try 200 and 200
          I've tested this with negative values, and they line right up with what windows xp says when you hover over the non primary monitors on the settings table in display properties.

Right click the desktop and select properties.
          settings tab.
          Hover over the extended monitors it will say something like "Secondary Display (-704,1048)"
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

OK I can not get the position but to work.

Regardless of what value I put it the left and top box's Touch stays stubbornly at the top left corner of the screen!

Any ideas?
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Did you wait long enough? The Client always starts at 0,0 position, then every minute (or so) it updates its position to the defined values. The problem I have with this is that if you want to move the screen around the monitor manually it'll always jump back to the defined position. Also, the top-most screen always takes the position, so if your top-most screen is a different size from your main screen the whole client repositions, potentially moving the main screen off the window.
              Mike

Comment

I waited 30 mins - it did not move!

I cannot even drag it on the screen.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gordon,

I personally only used the feature with the Mimo monitor connected via USB on an XP client and a couple of HSTouch client versions back.

Trying it now on my desktop (multiple LCDs) and its staying in the top left corner when I change the position.

I was able to get it to work by moving the TS client window across my desktop, exiting and restarting it. I have the "Hide Mouse Pointer" not checked and the "Add Titlebar to screens" checked. I can move my TS client across multiple LCDs though.

If I drag it to a position and watch it a bit it goes to the position set in the client DlgPosition tab.

Just tried it with about 2000 plus pixels to the left and it landed on my right LCD.

To get it to go back to the upper left hand side of the left LCD; I unchecked the box and had to shut down the client and restart it. It didn't go on its own though.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete I cannot even drag it!

Think I'll start a new thread and see if it gets more responce from those that should know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X