This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two X10 Dimming related questions

To start off I am using a CM15a which I am thinking might be part of the problem.

Question/Problem 1: Any slider including the ones in the default projects do something other than expected when used. If i turn on a light and it is on full/100% then I move the slider to lets say 60% (meaning I would like to have my light at 60% brightness) the output on homeseer shows the following:

Info Device: Dimmers Back Room Main Light (E6) ON
    X10 Recieved E6 (Dimmers Back Room Main Light) E ON
    Info Device: Dimmers Back Room Main Light (E6) Dim by 60%
    X10 Recieved E6 (Dimmers Back Room Main Light) E Dim

Then the slider moves itself down again an unknown distance. Now lets say, with the slider in its current position (about 40% from the bottom) down 25% more i get this from homeseer:

Info Device: Dimmers Back Room Main Light (E6) Dim by 25%
    X10 Recieved E6 (Dimmers Back Room Main Light) E Dim

and then the slider moves itself to about 5% from the bottom, the light is sitting at about 35%. so now if I want the light any dimmer I cant. if I move the slider down that last 5% it turns the light off and I have to start all over.

What I want is: when I select 60% on the slider, then the light is set at 60% dim and the slider shows 60% so I can move it around all I want and the light will correspond with the value shown on the slider.

My solution for now has been 11 buttons where the sliders used to be. 0% dim, 10% dim, etc. - 100% dim. and of course if the light is at 20% and I want to dim do 10% the light has to go to full brightness before it can go to 10% so it is pretty sloppy right now.

Question/Problem 2: I would like a dim button. I have seen a few scripts for z-wave which will dim a light by 10% or brighten by 10% but nothing on how to incorporate that into a button press within HSTouch. I'll admit I know virtually nothing when it comes to scripting within homeseer, so maybe I'm just missing something.

My overall goal for these buttons would be a similar functionality to a basic x10 palmpad RF remote. When I press the brighten button it makes my light brighter and when I press the dim button it makes it dimmer. I understand that I will probably need a bright and dim button for each of my dimmers if I do it this way. That is totally cool with me (if it is indeed necessary).

I have searched and searched the forums and Google, not saying I haven't missed something though. So there it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I Have been working on this off and on for about a month and am getting nowhere.
Working...
X