X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh rate of Web page in text box

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it, but is there a way to control the refresh rate of a Web page in a text box? It seems to be set to 60 seconds. I have a text box that's showing a news site, but when I choose a news story to read, the page refreshes back to the main URL within 60 seconds. I'm using the iPad client.

Thanks.

Bump. Same question.

Comment

I looked through the XML file and didn't see any properties that would seem to control the reload rate of the Web page in the text box. I didn't check if this only occurs on the iPad or also on the Windows client. It does mean that putting Web pages on the screen meant for interaction are somewhat limited since it reloads back to the default URL so often. It seems odd that this value would be hard-coded, especially to such a short time period.

Randy

Comment

Might have something to do with the ipad. I do not see this at all on my windows clients.

Comment

If the refresh rate is set in the HTML page you are viewing then there's nothing you can do to stop this. Look for meta tags in the HTML page.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            If the refresh rate is set in the HTML page you are viewing then there's nothing you can do to stop this. Look for meta tags in the HTML page.
            That's not it since if I navigate to a link on the page, the client reloads the original URL in short order and moves back to the top. The result is that I can't scroll down for very long or navigate to another link without the page being reset after a bit (usually within 30 seconds).

Comment

From your description, it does sound like there is a meta refresh in the webpage you are viewing.

I could be wrong, but from what I read, I see it as a meta refresh in the webpage. Can you post a link to the page?

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                From your description, it does sound like there is a meta refresh in the webpage you are viewing.

I could be wrong, but from what I read, I see it as a meta refresh in the webpage. Can you post a link to the page?

--Dan
                m.denverpost.com is one of the URLs. It does not refresh on the Windows client or when I bring it up on my Android phone. It seems to be an issue with the iPad client since refreshing to the top of the original URL happens consistently for all URLs. Thanks for checking.

Randy

Comment

Yep - me too

Every html on the ipad client seems to be doing it - Seems very repeatable - set an html box to anywhere, then navigate somewhere else - you'll get refreshed back to the original URL every so often (didnt time it - someone else mentioned 60 seconds - seems close)

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X