This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Date/Time

Hi guys. Been searching the forum and maybe I miss it. Just wonder how do I display Date/Time in HSTouch?

I found the "$DATE=dddd MMMM dd, yyyy h:mm:tt" command but how do I get it to run in Hstouch?

Many Thanks.

Something like this should work added into the text field of the property.

[$DATE=dddd, MMMM d yyyy, h:mm:tt]
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks for your help nightstalker

Just browsed the "help content" and found it there too (feel so stupid)

Comment

no worries, it happens to us all at one point or another!
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Looks like the "tt" parameter isn't working in Android. Everything else works just fine but I've tried to get AM/PM (which I believe is the tt parameter) and it makes the entire string fail.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
            Looks like the "tt" parameter isn't working in Android. . . . it makes the entire string fail. Any suggestions?
            I typically don't use it. (AM/PM is rarely in doubt when looking at the time in HSTouch.)

Can you just leave it off?
            Have you tried 24 hr format?
            A fix is pretty unlikely for HS2 versions of anything.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I got it to work by using [$TIME=h:mm tt] instead of DATE.

This is in H3 btw...

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
                I got it to work by using [$TIME=h:mm tt] instead of DATE. This is in H3 btw...
                Glad it's working.
                (There's another forum for the HS3 version of HS Touch.)
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hmm, trying to get this working in the UK and its not taking into account the Regional Differences.
                  Configured as: [$DATE=ddd. d MMM. yyyy HH:mm]
                  But displays the 12 Feb instead of 2 Dec.

Comment

For my Android tablet, since "tt" didn't work with $DATE I used both $DATE and $TIME :

[$DATE=dddd, MMMM d yyyy] [$TIME=h:mm tt]

Comment

Hi
                      Any thoughts why I can't see the AM or PM on my Ipad? I'm using [$DATE=ddd, MMM dd yyyy, h:mm:tt]
                      It shows AM and PM on the HSTouch but the time is off.The time is correct on the Ipad

Comment

I switched to using a virtual device to hold the current time so all of my HS Touch screens all have the exact same time. Using the [$TIME=h:mm tt] wold result in time drift between some android tablets and iPads. Each has it own clock and time sync so they would get off. Bugged the wife so I changed the time display to a HS update a VD every minute HS updates to the current time. In HS touch I display that device and next to it I use [$TIME=tt] for just AM/PM part.

Comment

Working...
                        X