Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is "live video" draining CPU on HomeSeer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is "live video" draining CPU on HomeSeer?

I guess what I'm asking is why is HomeSeer pushing the live images to the HStouch Clients? It seems like a waste of resources.

At least in my home I'd like the HStouch Clients to take the images directly from the source. There's no need to use HomeSeer for that.

Is that possible somehow?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Not sure if that is the case; but really I don't know.

I've been testing the streaming video (it staggers a bit) and it seems to work ok though.

I "used" to see a bit more CPU utilization on the HS box; but today I don't. I am streaming the video from my Zoneminder box.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; May 30, 2011, 12:18 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just see that if I quit WebcamXP the HomeSeer CPU usage (on my virtual machine) drops from about 40% to 20%. I've tried many times, I see the same thing each time.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

A few HS/HT versions back I left a security cam on one of the TS's all night and it literally took down HS.

Recently added HS to HT events which just show one camera (on multiple HSTouch clients) and it doesn't seem to affect HS at all when I leave it that way for "hours".

Is your WebcamXP running on the same box as Homeseer just as a separate VM?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It's running on the "main" box, directly on the WHS machine. However, I see no change in the CPU usage on the WebcamXP process if HomeSeer and/or HStouch is running or not.

Comment

I was just looking at some utilization numbers with Sniffer Pro. I have Homeseer and Zoneminder on the Gb switch. The streaming video on the HSTouch screens isn't really "streaming" but rather just pictures that change by the second or so. I see a slight increase in network utilization (not even 1%) on the HS box; nothing much (way less than 1%) on the HSTouch screens (separate XP ones).

CPU utilization on HS though doesn't change. No, take that back. CPU utilization did go up. Just changed to main (non video screens) on HSTouch clients. Lets see what it looks like in a few minutes. Yup, CPU utilization went down. Let me hammer it now....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; May 31, 2011, 08:08 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Tried 2, 4, 6 clients with security video.

Actually utilization went down. I then checked the logs and noticed what most likely caused the 50% plus utilization was a couple of VB script errors that showed up in rapid sucession (from Weather warnings). So the increase earlier noted was most likely due to the VB script errors and not the video streaming.

It doesn't make sense though that if you shut off HS you don't see a change in utilization with webcam but the other way around you do.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X