This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do the cool graphics come from??

I see all these fancy screens with gauges that resemble car dashboard gauges.. slider looking gauges etc.. but I know none of them are included with HSTouch.. where do they come from??

im sadly not a graphic designer so i have NO IDEA how to even BEGIN to make some kind of gauge.. where do you guys get them?

I was excited to find one slider that would suit but it has the ugly words "energy usage" in it and I got no idea how to take that out...

but id like to be able to have more colored bars, gauges, meters etc...

when I used MainLobby you could buy packages of various things.. but i dont see anywhere to do that for HSTouch.. are you guys all just very talented graphic designers and make your own??

if I were to make my own how would I make it from a JPG into a moving Needle??

I understand the concept of a complex slider, however how do you make the custom "slider" part?

but then sadly again I dont even know how to use the graphic software on my Mac well enough to even make a bar that transitions from blue to green to yellow to red.. LoL...

-Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Christopher,

I never looked at my carpc programs but noticed that Roadrunner has numerous graphics and logos.

My CarPC set up is simple though. I'll pool the graphics files from the carpc programs I have and will post them.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

so how does an image become an element? I know I can load an image on the screen and make it a button...

but say I want a "needle".. a slider.. or in the case of some like wind direction it is round.. how do you "make" things like that? is there an element editor to build them?

when I have watched some of the tutorials for HStouch the narrator will often say "I made this slider or button just for this tutorial".. so i figure there is some place to make such things...
      -Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

ok so i finally figured out a slider is just a couple of graphics put together in the slider "element".. that part is easy...

is there a way to make a slider not clickable? i tried laying a transparent image over top but it seems to not really be transparent so the slider justy gets hidden... even if you make the image invisible.. i thought perhaps that could protect the slider from being clicked on...
        -Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
          ok so i finally figured out a slider is just a couple of graphics put together in the slider "element".. that part is easy...

is there a way to make a slider not clickable? i tried laying a transparent image over top but it seems to not really be transparent so the slider justy gets hidden... even if you make the image invisible.. i thought perhaps that could protect the slider from being clicked on...
          -Christopher
          If you bring up the status tracking element associations window then above the double selector boxes you have an option of "Do not control associated device when element is selected" which I think does what you are after.

As to nice graphics then there are a fair few websites out there with icons, I usually add a drop shadow or similar in photoshop for a 'down' action on the button. I actually use the Palm Pre GUI from here http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/palm-pre-gui-psd/ and seperated the elements for buttons/sliders/panels. Theres also an iPhone GUI on that site that has some sliders, I ended up editing these and making red/yellow/green sliders I used as a display for temperature.

There is no easy way to get a gauge/meter to my knowledge (rumour was HS was going to develop one), you can get some sort of functionality with the google chart gauge but it ends up being an embedded web page.

Comment

The automotive guage / meters that I found were SWF files. Nice looking files though.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ha! if they are SWF files they would work with MainLobby...

I really had wanted a thermometer that the bulb would fill up with different colors based on temperature.. I created some nice backgrounds in Photoshop that look good.. but cant find a way to do the fill.. I had hoped a progress bar could be inverted to be top down but that seems not to be possible.. I was going to lay a progress bar on top of my background and then let it be "full" when temp was cold and slowly back off as temp went up uncovering my cool colors.. but no go on that.... they only fill from the bottom up...

so I made these neat gauges and put needles on them.. they came out pretty nice.. look great on the windows client.. but when I deployed it to my iPAD the red needle turned into a little grey Ball... whats with that???

are there lots of differences in the iOS client that wont accept certain graphics?

the do not control a device didnt seem to work on my slider, it still lets me drag it around.. of course the value goes back the next time my HS device updates and im not a professional integrator selling this stuff so I know personally not to drag one of my status sliders but still wish it could be protected...

seems there lots of little idiosyncrasies in HSTouch esp for as long as it has been on the market
              -Christopher

Comment

Working...
              X