Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are multiple events possible with a button?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are multiple events possible with a button?

Is there a way to handle multiple events with a button? For instance, you press the button and it triggers an event to turn everything on in a game room. Then you press it again and it turns everything off. The few ways I have tried have failed miserably.

i know there are smarter people who can likely do it "cleaner" than this, but what I've done from time to time is to create a virtual device and use it as a "toggle." so "g1" = GameRoomTrigger device. then you'd build two events, one triggered when g1 changes to ON, with the actions of turning everything on. then build another event triggered by g1 changing to OFF, which would turn everything off.

then in HSTouch your button would toggle that device, probably w/alt. text showing it on or off or something like that. Let me know if you need help setting up the toggle or device tracking in HStouch.

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thank you, I briefly thought of the Virtual device... Then gave up not being sure of the way to call it, but your suggestion/help should work... I will see what I can do.

Comment

Ian, I gave it a shot last night but being sleepy I waited to revisit it today. The end result... Your help would be appreciated. How to I do the toggle? I have both of the events ready but how do I tell the virtual device that on triggers one event and off triggers the other?

thanks,
        kenny

Comment

You can put two buttons there, and have opposite events hide the button that called it and show the button that calls the other event. I've done that.

Or just write a small script to call one then the other, based on the state of your virtual (or variable).

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

In HSTouch I just use the built in toggle setting in the "action editor" to toggle my virtuals on and off and trigger events on or off.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
              In HSTouch I just use the built in toggle setting in the "action editor" to toggle my virtuals on and off and trigger events on or off.
              How is this done? I have tried a couple of things but it just runs both events one after the other.

Kenny

Comment

I use two events that are based on the virtual status.

when the virtual turns on, the event that turns on everything I wanted runs.

When the virtual turns off the event that turns off everything that the on event turned on.

This is all based on the toggle button in HSTouch or any keypad in the house, turning on or off a virtual device.

Below is a small sample to get you started
                Attached Files
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I use two events that are based on the virtual status.

when the virtual turns on, the event that turns on everything I wanted runs.

When the virtual turns off the event that turns off everything that the on event turned on.

This is all based on the toggle button in HSTouch or any keypad in the house, turning on or off a virtual device.

Below is a small sample to get you started
                  Wow, I feel like a dolt. Thanks for the screen shot, I was way over thinking that. Anyhow it works great, now that I am not over complicating it.

Thanks again.

Comment

no worries, we all over think it once in a while.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

no worries, we all over think it once in a while.
                      thanks for completing my thoughts...i followed this thread via my phone today, but was in meetings all day long, and couldn't get in front of my computer. this is exactly what i was "trying" to say. Glad it's working!

Ian
                      Plugins:
                      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Well thank you both, and thanks also to the others that offered feedback. I have no idea why I had such a hard time figuring that out... just one of those days.

Comment

Like marty said - we've all had those days! That's the beauty of this message board community, it's very friendly and helpful!

Ian
                          Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                            Like marty said - we've all had those days! That's the beauty of this message board community, it's very friendly and helpful!

Ian
                            I will have to agree with you there. Too often forums are flame central, but everyone here has been extremely helpful and friendly. Which just adds to this product's pro's.

Comment

Working...
                            X