This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone HSTouch - Connection Failure

I have HSPro software working (HSTouch iPhone & HSTouch Sever installed) and can access remotely both by my internal network and external via web page, have changed settings in my router for port forwarding to 10200 however cannot get HSTouch to work on my iPhone or Ipad. I keen getting the "Connection failed to server" error for both access to the internal webpage and the external webpage, i have also checked user name and passwords in HSPro. I have checked the HSPro log and it does not record the HSTouch software even connecting - any help would be appreciated????

If theres no entry into the server log then something is stopping the connection, check to see if you have any firewalls on the HS PC (even Windows Firewall) than might be blocking the port 10200 or your server port. You will also need the normal HS web server port forwarding in your router aswell if you want to access the webpage outside of the LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by JHBRA View Post
      I have HSPro software working (HSTouch iPhone & HSTouch Sever installed) and can access remotely both by my internal network and external via web page, have changed settings in my router for port forwarding to 10200 however cannot get HSTouch to work on my iPhone or Ipad. I keen getting the "Connection failed to server" error for both access to the internal webpage and the external webpage, i have also checked user name and passwords in HSPro. I have checked the HSPro log and it does not record the HSTouch software even connecting - any help would be appreciated????
      You did install the server and iphone plug-ins, but you didn't mention whether you enabled them.

When your iPhone is on your home LAN, what settings do you have for your HSTouch settings on the phone? The defaults point to a generic homeseer server at HS HQ.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks mrhappy. Have set up port forwarding in my router for port 10200 and IP address is the HSPro IP address (even checked it via windows explorer / networks and i can see HSPro there with the IP Address, the strange thing is i can access the web page outside LAN and the LAN IP address... both work fine. I have installed HSTouch iphone and HSTouch server both installed and enabled. both say plug in status 'interface OK'. The settings in HSTouch on my iphone have for LAN the HSPro IP adress and port 80, the WAN is the IP address from the external IP adress from the 'about' tab in HSPro and port 10200...... i must be missing something. (i do have a Sonos System running and a Belkin wireless n router). I just turned windows firewall off and retried HStouch in my iphone and no luck...

Comment

Thanks mrhappy. Have set up port forwarding in my router for port 10200 and IP address is the HSPro IP address (even checked it via windows explorer / networks and i can see HSPro there with the IP Address, the strange thing is i can access the web page outside LAN and the LAN IP address... both work fine. I have installed HSTouch iphone and HSTouch server both installed and enabled. both say plug in status 'interface OK'. The settings in HSTouch on my iphone have for LAN the HSPro IP adress and port 80, the WAN is the IP address from the external IP adress from the 'about' tab in HSPro and port 10200...... i must be missing something. (i do have a Sonos System running and a Belkin wireless n router). I just turned windows firewall off and retried HStouch in my iphone and no luck...
          Can you telnet from another PC to your wan ipaddress port combination?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi rupp. I just turned wifi off on my ipad so it is using the 3g network and not my home wifi (im in australia) and used safari to access HSPro on the external IP address and port 10200, even checked it turned lights on and off (although every chenge you make in safari you have to refresh the web page to make the next lighting change). I still get the same 'connection failed to server - Check the server name in HSTouch Settings' error and no details in HSPro log file. For the HSTouch settings i have used the exact same LAN IP and Port number as i used in safari and for WAN i used the exact same ip address and port 10200. i must be doing something fundamentally wrong?????

Comment

Wait, it sounds like you are using the same port for HomeSeer and HSTouch and this will not work. When you stated " and used safari to access HSPro on the external IP address and port 10200, even checked it turned lights on and off " were you doing this via the HomeSeer web interface? If so this is the issue. HomeSeer needs to be on a different port ie 80

Comment

Hi Rupp, your a champ!!!! i have been testing changing over and over again... all it took was resetting the 'general tab' to default values and re starting HSTouch server etc, removing port 10200 from the webserver page and presto... it works.....! One last question - which HomeTroller should I buy if I want to run both X10 and ZWave (including irrigation) so i dont need a PC running all the time - is the main diff between the base model and SE Pro the software upgrade?

many thanks

Comment

Hi Rupp, your a champ!!!! i have been testing changing over and over again... all it took was resetting the 'general tab' to default values and re starting HSTouch server etc, removing port 10200 from the webserver page and presto... it works.....! One last question - which HomeTroller should I buy if I want to run both X10 and ZWave (including irrigation) so i dont need a PC running all the time - is the main diff between the base model and SE Pro the software upgrade?

many thanks
                  Yes, one comes with HomeSeer 2 and the other HomeSeer Pro. HomeSeer Pro includes all HomeSeer add on plugins where HS2 doesn't. Either of them will run X10, Z-Wave, Insteon, UPB, etc all at the same time. If you think you will ever need more than a couple of add on plugins then HSPro is a deal. A big plus is HSPro comes with HSTouch which makes Pro a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X