Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing Time of last ON/OFF in HStouch...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Time of last ON/OFF in HStouch...

Is there any way to show the logged status change time on HStouch?

I created rules and status only devices to show which occupants are currently home. All of that works fine, but I would also like to show the time that they got home or left the house.

Regards,
    CM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

hs.DeviceLastChange("A1")
    Mike

Comment

sorry but I don't know how to use that. I'm really new to HS and haven't figured out everything yet.

CM

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        sorry but I don't know how to use that. I'm really new to HS and haven't figured out everything yet.

CM
        Sorry about that...

Create a virtual device in HS (for example call it A2), and then you can create an event that triggers when the device (A1) changes and have it run a script like this:

Sub Status(parm as object)
        hs.setdevicestring("A2",hs.DeviceLastChange("A1"),true)
        End Sub

The script will populate the device A2 with the date/time when your device (A1) is last updated.
        Mike

Comment

That worked great!! Thank you so much!

CM

Comment

Why not using directly [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceLastChange("A1")] in HSTouch in Apparence / Text instead of using a script + event ?

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
              Why not using directly [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceLastChange("A1")] in HSTouch in Apparence / Text instead of using a script + event ?
              There appears to be a known problem with too many [$SCRIPTs] running on HSTouch. I think it can result in memory leaks, which over time bring HS to a halt. By using the script and a ghost device, it eliminates the potential leak.

I like the inline [$SCRIPT=&hs.... approach better myself, but, if it is used on multiple HSTouch clients, it's less efficient as each client forces HS to run the script once a second to keep it up-to-date. The device method does the script once, and can send updates to the client when it changes.
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                There appears to be a known problem with too many [$SCRIPTs] running on HSTouch. I think it can result in memory leaks, which over time bring HS to a halt. By using the script and a ghost device, it eliminates the potential leak.
                I used to have this problem, but I thought the problem has gone with the last version. But I still use your method for my main screen. For the others screens, I use [$SCRIPT].

Comment

Working...
                X