This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch control of VRF01-1LZ

I am trying to add the Lutron VRF01-1LZ Fan Controller (Z-Wave) to the iPad. I used a slider and set the StatusTracking to the HomeSeer device entry for the controller.

By clicking on the slider and can control the fan speed, but the issue is that the slider goes back to zero - it does not track the status of the controllers actual setting.

I have set polling to 1 second on HomeSeer for this device, plus I turned on RealTime tracking for the slider on HSTouch. Neither helps.

Any ideas?

Also, since this controller only really has four settings (off, low, med, high), can anyone suggest a better way to make the GUI... a slider doesn't really make too much sense for this but I don't want to have four buttons to control it either. A slider that has only four stops would work but I can't figure out how to do this.

Leviton devices are capable of of 2-way communication(instant-status) the devices do not need to be polled. For Leviton devices set polling to 0. Never set polling on any device to 1 second you will cause excessive traffic on you network - I set polling on the devices that require it at 300 seconds or 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
      Leviton devices are capable of of 2-way communication(instant-status) the devices do not need to be polled.
      ok, thanks, I deleted the polling... but still, I can't get status to update in HS reliably (and never on the iPad)... do I have to do something on the Z-Wave (Aeon USB stick) to get the polling to work?

I had a similar problem with Insteon and I had to start from scratch to get it to work... I don't want that again!

One other question: On the updater I see
      HomeSeer Zwave USB Drivers Release Info EXE 1.0.0.0
      but it is not marked "Yes" for Installed.... but the Z-Wave device is showing in HS away... do I need to load this driver? I'm gun-shy about loading new drivers after the disaster I went through before

Sunil

Comment

What version of HSTouch Designer are you running? What version of the HSTouch Server? What version of the HSTouch Client for the IPhone? What version of HSTouchPad?

The windows client works fine for the VRF01-1L Fan Controller with a complex slider - the default template in HSTouchPad works but haven't built a complex pad for the fan on the IPad

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
          What version of HSTouch Designer are you running? What version of the HSTouch Server? What version of the HSTouch Client for the IPhone? What version of HSTouchPad?

The windows client works fine for the VRF01-1L Fan Controller with a complex slider - the default template in HSTouchPad works but haven't built a complex pad for the fan on the IPad
          I have the latest of everything... but see below my signature.

can you share your Fan Controller implementation for the windows client? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
          ------
          Sunil

HomeSeer Version:Professional Edition 2.5.0.29
          HomeSeer PRO Update Installer 2.5.0.23
          Insteon PLM Plug-In 1.5.3.0
          HSTouch Server 1.0.0.42
          HSTouch Designer 1.0.57

Comment

Working...
          X