X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    Jon,

What I would do to control Winamp on remote, is actually use your remote program to launch .exe files. There are programs out there that will take in command line flags and then assert control over Winamp.

That's also what I do to locally control Winamp, fire commandline flags to these Winamp-controllers.

Works VERY well.

--Dan
    Sure...it was just a generic response, not directed specifically at Winamp.

At the moment, It is probably the most popular download on my site!
    Jon

Comment

well, it is very polished and I'm sure was a challenge to get working. I hope I would know...I tried to do something like that. I couldn't get the TCP link to work for me. It kept dropping out and I had funny delays in the requested actions.

Oh well, leave it to a master!

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
        I agree that would be faster. I guess my concern is that my HS box is probably a tad underpowered to also handle the music stream, and it's nowhere near my 2nd audio system. Also, this 2nd system is more of an actual somewhat high-end listening area than just a set of remote speakers. I'd have to run approx 50ft of USB to it, and I'd like to keep this length somewhat minimal as the end point is an external DAC.

I guess the journey will continue a bit! Thanks for the reply.
        There was a web interface for winamp (although I think it was for the older versions 2/3.x) going around and some HomeSeer scripts to control some of the basic functions. I think you could control volume/start/stop and stuff like that and read the current tracks details via HS devices but you could'nt launch individual tracks (might be able to get it to launch a playlist if you found the correct URL) or albums.

To get proper integration with HSTouch you would unfortunately need a plugin that talked to the Music API (for selectors/album art etc) but if you were after simple control you might be able to use the scripts/web interface option.

Comment

Suresh, I use HSTouch to control windows mediacenter remotely and also to control squeezebox. Check out the Sage media center plugin, it works perfect, don't be confused by the name, it is for Windows Mediacenter not Sage TV. For music stick with the Squeezebox plugin, I use their software player "squeezeplay" on my HS server and on a remote pc, very simple to setup and has so many options for streaming and local music needs. If you need I can help out.

John

Comment

Working...
          X