X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent Background isMain=True

Hi,

I want to create a screen that sits on top of the other screens in my system. Thing is I want its background to be transparent. Is there anyway of doing this?

The ColorBackground does not seem to allow Transparent as a setting and the Alpha property applies to the whole screen.

There must be a way!

Regards,

Suresh

One way I have worked around this is to make your screens layered, I posted some screen shots of my Iphone setup you can see. I have "source selection" screens for each room that are 320 x 480 "fullscreen" when I choose a source that screen is only 320 x 425 and I place it 55 pixels down from the top. It is like a pop up screen but it fits with the one under it to appear as one screen. This saved alot of time and keeps the project smaller in size. I can use one one screen for something like Mediacenter, Music, or Directv for control but use it for six rooms with volume control for the room I am in still showing at the top of the shorter control screen. This makes editing alot easier and lowers the amount of screens in a project considerably. I hope that makes sense as it is hard to explain.
    John

Comment

I remembered running into this problem also before I went another direction but I just made a new screen for my Iphone setup and set the background color to transparent, it gave a pop up message that that said tranparent is not available, I clicked ok but left it set to transparent, I went ahead and deployed it to my phone and it worked fine. You can see the screen under it but not activate any of the buttons on the bottom screen, so it does work. Try it out to be sure. What client platform are you working on for your project?

John

Comment

very interesting...
        I'm using Android and Ipad clients...

Comment

Working...
        X